sleep on lid closed, and speakers off on headphone in

Discussion in 'Linux' started by notatoad, Feb 13, 2009.

1. notatoad

notatoad

i just installed xubuntu, following the official guide on ubuntu's site, and then slickboy's kernel. pretty simple process, but i've got two issues:
    the laptop doesn't sleep when i close the lid, and the speakers don't turn off when i plug in headphones. anybody know how to fix these?

notatoad, Feb 13, 2009
  2. notatoad

tordj

Just for your information, I'm using a standard Xubuntu with all the latest updates and the speakers do go silent when headphones are plugged in. This didn't use to be the case so I assume your problem is because Sickboys kernel is based on a slightly older kernel where this still was the problem.

You might want to (kindly) ask Sickboy if he could consider building a new kernel or provide some input. Another possible solution is to apply the alsa-fixes as instructed on this page https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AA1/Fixes, don't know how well they play with Sickboys kernel though.

tordj, Feb 21, 2009
Ask a Question