Sleep goes back to sleep

Discussion in 'Linux' started by TTgowings, Nov 5, 2008.

1. TTgowings

TTgowings

Not sure when it started happening but I've been noticing that every couple of times when coming out of sleep it goes right back to sleep again, I then have to wake it up again.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. TIA

TTgowings, Nov 5, 2008
  2. TTgowings

Tamrac

Please post what version of Linux and your current setup, ex BIOS versions etc etc... thanks.

Tamrac, Nov 6, 2008
  3. TTgowings

daldred

This happens occasionally with mine, too. Linpus base system, BIOS is the early one (3109?).

I haven't tracked down exactly *why* it happens, but I believe that it happens when I've manually told it to sleep (i.e. from the red button on the toolbar) , then shut the lid before it's finished; I'm guessing it somehow gets two signals to sleep and acts on the second after waking. I may be guessing wrong, though!

daldred, Nov 6, 2008
  4. TTgowings

Tamrac

This has been an issue with the earlier BIOS versions. Try upgrading to the latest version. See if it helps.

Tamrac, Nov 6, 2008
  5. TTgowings

TTgowings

I'm running the stock Linpus Linux Lite v1.0.6.E, BIOS v0.3109..

I've read a lot about updating the BIOS, but am kinda scared to try to do it. (I think I'd read somewhere that Acer's official response to doing BIOS updates that if you don't have a specific problem NOT to update. And this is my second unit as my first one puked a day after I got it, black screened)

TTgowings, Nov 6, 2008
  6. TTgowings

TTgowings

Thanks daldred, since waiting for the green light to start blinking BEFORE I close the lid I've not had any problems.. :D

TTgowings, Nov 11, 2008
  7. TTgowings

daldred

The other option is just to shut the lid: it took me a while to remember I didn't have to tell it manually to sleep! It seems to be doing both that causes the problem: on the SSD model there's no issue with chucking it into your bag while it finishes goign to sleep.

daldred, Nov 12, 2008
Ask a Question