Skype and no sound from web cam

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by kevin1961, Oct 1, 2008.

1. kevin1961

kevin1961

Hi all. Just bought a Aspire one, the 120 GB with Limpus linux light. I thought or was rather led to beleave it comes with skpe pre installed, however it was not the case!. I have gone into google and found the oficial skype site but when you go to download there is no BLUE download button as normal with Mac's or windows but instead gives about 8 different names of what I image are aps, can someone help me out as to where I can find skype and how I should download it, as I have tried 2 and no luck. 2nd problem!!. When I am in web cam and you can take an image of yourself or a video, well the video works well but NO sound at all, I have been into the sound settings and all seems OK, what am I missing here :idea:

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS. there is probably an answer to this in the forums but I can't find a concrete answer

kevin1961, Oct 1, 2008
  2. kevin1961

Darren.McAllister

Hi Kevin

Unfortunately the Acer Aspire One's WebCam application only activates the camera, not the built in mic, so it will only record video.

To download and install skype try the following link, it should take you staright to the download from the Acer website.

ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/netbook/aspire_one_linux/apps/

From there you should just click on skype to download it.

Hope this helps

Regards
    Darren

Darren.McAllister, Oct 9, 2008
Ask a Question