Skype 5 using too much damn memory

Discussion in 'Windows' started by st3ady, Oct 26, 2010.

1. st3ady

st3ady

Hey there,

Sorry for using the word damn in my subject title but I just saw the rent is too damn high video on youtube.

Skype 5 is getting up to over 100,000 mb of ram usage on my Acer aspire one AOA15 which only has 1gb of ram. I went to www.oldapps.com and got a version of 4.0 and tried to install it in a different folder but it said that a newer version was already installed. I tried searching the forums on skype on tips on how to install later versions but didn't find anything helpful. I don't want to lose my conversation historys and contacts. Any tips? Should I try trillian?

Thanks!

st3ady, Oct 26, 2010
  2. st3ady

Forone

You might try a more thorough uninstall of Skype 5 before trying to revert to 4 - try Revo Uninstaller advanced / approve all the deletions. That should give you a blank slate to install the older version. Thanks for the tip, as I haven't tried it yet.

Forone, Oct 27, 2010
Ask a Question