Should i get this one?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Nameless ONe, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Nameless ONe

Nameless ONe

I'm thinking about buying Lenovo IdeaPad 700-15. I wanted to buy Asus ROG GL552 and it was sold out here where I am from, then I saw Lenovo Y700, and ended up with Lenovo IdeaPad 700 because I am going to use it for college and maybe some gaming, I'm not a hardcore gamer i might play MOBAS like Dota 2, LoL or Some CS;GO, sometimes GTA V. And believe that this laptop can run those pretty well, also the IdeaPad 700 doesnt have that gaming look so I could carry it to work and look more professional.. That's my opinion, i just need you guys to tell me am i wrong? Before you suggest some other laptop keep in mind that here in Serbia the market is not the same like other countries.

This one I had in mind:

LENOVO™ IDEAPAD™ 700-15

Intel Quad Core i7-6700HQ 2.6-3.5GHz/6MB, 4 core, 4 threads

16GB 2x8GBDDRⅣ, 2133MHz

1TB

nVidia GeForce GTX 950 4GB

15,6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS

It can be upgraded with an SSD which i would do immediately, after that I think it would be okay for some programming, gaming and work for college?

I need your opinion, because some people are hating on Lenovo laptops, want to know why and should I buy this or not?

Thanks

Nameless ONe, Sep 5, 2016
  2. Nameless ONe

djtech

Well, I don't necessarily hate on Lenovo. It depends on the after sales service in your region too and the kind of feedback about the laptop that already exists in the market.

As far as this particular model goes, I see no negativity online, which to me is a good sign considering people tend to express their opinions more freely nowadays.

In terms of specs, the laptop offers everything you need and then some - Processing power, memory, gpu, etc. everything looks good to go. I think it will do really well as a gaming laptop as well as a programming machine, which means it can do anything you want. I would say its an overkill for those games, but it better to buy a laptop with these specs now, then to replace the machine a year or two down the line.

All the best.

djtech, Sep 5, 2016
  3. Nameless ONe

SirJoe

I don't base myself on brand names when it comes to buying laptops. I try to look at the components, build quality and price and make my decision based on that. For Lenovos are like any other brand.
    I would do the upgrade and have the SSD drive installed, it will make a significant difference in performance.

SirJoe, Sep 5, 2016
Ask a Question