Should I get a single core or dual core version ??

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by pcguy760, Feb 12, 2010.

1. pcguy760

pcguy760

The netbooks I am looking at are the Acer Aspire 1410 series. I noticed one has a single core at 1.4Ghz and the other a dual core at 1.2Ghz... hmmm which one do you guys think would be best to get? Thanks.

pcguy760, Feb 12, 2010
  2. pcguy760

melhiore

Dual core is always better - as you may expect it is newer CPU generation so you can expect better performance of whole system...

melhiore, Feb 12, 2010
  3. pcguy760

pcguy760

Ok so basically a dual core is like 2 x 1.2Ghz processors in one (2.4Ghz?) I talked to a computer store owner a few mins ago and he thinks the 1.4Ghz model is faster (???) Kinda confused now - maybe he was just trying to sell me the 1.4Ghz acer since thats what HE had hmmmmm....

pcguy760, Feb 13, 2010
  4. pcguy760

elPaulio Moderator

Dual Core all the way!!

You are effectively right, in that you have two 1.2GHz processors with the dual core.
    This doesn't, stricly speaking, give you a 2.4GHz processor but it allows you to run programs split between the two processors so that they individually run faster!

I think you are right that he was just trying to make you buy his one!

How do some people sleep at night???

Paul :ugeek:

elPaulio, Feb 13, 2010
  5. pcguy760

pcguy760

elPaulio, it's the world of business I guess - the guy was being the typical businessman lol - I like playing "dumb" whenever I go into a tech store cos then you really know how honest the people are hehehe.

Anyway, on a better note - I just bought a AS1410-2285! Can't wait for it to arrive! I am happy with my choice taking into consideration you guy's opinions as well :) and hours of research I did online on this laptop. Infact, I am VERY happy with my choice!

pcguy760, Feb 13, 2010
  6. pcguy760

longjohn412

It's been my experience that most sales people at big box stores aren't really crooked, they are just ignorant and don't know what they are talking about. Since they don't know an answer they try to BS their way through it and since 95% of customers are even less savvy than they are, they usually get away with it. They are after all salesmen and not computer scientists or electronics technicians. On the rare occasion they do get someone with some skills they don;t last very long and move on to much better paying jobs.

longjohn412, Feb 18, 2010
  7. pcguy760

pcguy760

Wow what you just explained above soooooo sounds like Bestbuy lol. Anyway, my 1410 arrived today and is charging right as I type this. It's like this thing is the perfect size :). Well I am not saying anymore - off to mess with my new toy!!!

pcguy760, Feb 19, 2010
Ask a Question