Should I get a convertible or a laptop and a tablet seperately?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by halbmondklin, Jan 2, 2017.

1. halbmondklin

halbmondklin

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask for your advice since I don't really know much about these things and I don't know If it's more cost efficient to get a convertible or a new laptop and a tablet seperately.
    My current laptop is getting relatively old and I wanted to get a new one for quite some time now, I use it for university but also casually (I play some games on it but it isn't really that good for that, only games like darkest dungeon and other indies run smoothly). My motivation for getting a tablet is pretty much solely for university, since I don't want to print hundreds of pages anymore and would like to just note things directly in the pdf without hassle. Since i need to get a laptop and a tablet anyway I thought about getting a convertible, but I saw that they were pretty costly for the stats they have. My budget is around 1000€, a bit more maybe but not too much, I think 1500€ is my absolute maximum.So my question is, is it better to get a Laptop and a tablet seperately or is it better to just get a convertible, and if it is, which one would be the best for me (considering I also want to play some games on it, but not hardcore, just casually). Thanks a lot

halbmondklin, Jan 2, 2017
  2. halbmondklin

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site

Convertible laptops are not that powerful basically they are just a tablet with a detachable
    keyboard.

Tablet prices are getting very cheap now

It would be better spending your money on a better laptop, and the rest on a budget tablet.

something back, Jan 2, 2017
    halbmondklin likes this.
  3. halbmondklin

halbmondklin

Thanks for the advice man, I'll do that

halbmondklin, Jan 2, 2017
Ask a Question