Several issues with my new mini

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Spaladyfl, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Spaladyfl

Spaladyfl

I am really having some issues here. The biggest being the screen shrinks or expands all on its own and I can't revert it back. I have to exit out of whatever I am doing and re-enter to find the page normal. The tool bars at the top remain normal sized unless it stretches, then it stretches too. However, when the screen shrinks, the tool bars remain normal but the contents of the screen become small, at times, 3x5 size and I can't get the screen to normal size. The 3x5 section will be the full content of the screen and the rest of my screen becomes white. I have to x out and then re-enter. This creates a great problem when working for me. I haven't the time to continue to x out of things and reload. I know when it is going to happen because a black 4 arrowed thing blinks on the screen and poof, the screen shrinks or stretches.

I had an issue with Yahoo IM and the fonts. Randomly, the fonts become either huge or small at will. So much for a private conversation! Its hard to have one when the fonts are so big that someone 12 feet away can read your conversation. This is not a Yahoo IM issue. I have 2 other laptops and a desktop with Yahoo IM installed and same operating system with no issues. Only on my mini.

My Outlook Express also is giving me fits as when I delete things from my mail, it will only allow me to delete a certain amount. Then it refuses. Again, I must x out and go back in and it works fine.

My biggest issue is the one up top, the stretching and shrinking of the screen whenever the universe sees fit. I love my mini but honestly, if this can't get handled, it goes back to the store. My husband got me this mini as I have a serious back injury and have a weight restriction and the mini is perfect for me.

Hopefully someone can assist me in these matters. I contacted Acer who told me to do the system restore. I just got this last Thursday. I find it hard to believe I need to do system restore and if I do, what does that say for this machine?

Thanks in advance,

Katrina

Spaladyfl, Feb 17, 2009
  2. Spaladyfl

mdarnton

I wonder if you're accidentally having two fingers on the touchpad at once. If you do, when you draw them apart, things will get bigger; push them together, things will get smaller. This can apparently be disabled in the touchpad software, but I haven't tried yet.

mdarnton, Feb 20, 2009
  3. Spaladyfl

BelgianAlien

This is called "pinch" and can indeed be disabled in the touchpad settings.

Start > control panel > mouse

Go to the device settings tab (last tab)
    Click "settings" on the right hand side
    Select Pinch
    Disable pinch.

That should take care of it. There's a ton of settings in this window, you should be able to get the touch pad exactly how you want it.

Let us know if that did the trick.

BelgianAlien, Feb 25, 2009
Ask a Question