Service and Replacement Plans-What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jbzspace, Sep 25, 2009.

1. jbzspace

jbzspace

I purchased a 751h-1351 with Vista Home, 2GB and 250GB HD a week ago from Office Max. After making a few adjustments to enhance performance and to play .264 HD videos correctly, thanks to Bols, it has been smooth sailing. My question is, what do you think of extended warranties for this computer in particular. Should it be necessary? I have a few more days left on my option to purchase a two year plan from Office Max for $100.

jbzspace, Sep 25, 2009
  2. jbzspace

DrNo

To be honest: I don't actually think the additional Benjamin Franklin is worth it... probably better to save your cash for buying a new model in two years (or so)...

DrNo, Sep 25, 2009
  3. jbzspace

Drjones

I never buy them as I think they are a waste of money.

If you are totally careless with your stuff and would drop your netbook, maybe you should consider it - IF the plan covers drops & stuff (some do).

I wouldn't do it.

Drjones, Sep 26, 2009
  4. jbzspace

jbzspace

It does cover accidental damage...and it is a slippery little thing. Actually, I was interested in hearing about ACER netbook reliability overall.

jbzspace, Sep 27, 2009
Ask a Question