Serious help needed Please!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by NaughtyOttsel, Oct 14, 2008.

1. NaughtyOttsel

NaughtyOttsel

Hey I am new here.

Here's the sotry, my boss brought an Acer One (Linpus, 8GB SSD) for his business, but needs to run a certain application or something that only windows can do, so I blurted out that you can use wine, put that on, then have to put XP on through the bootable USB as I don't have a USB CD Drive, this works fine but like I expected and did say it is too slow, so now he wants me to reinstall the acer linpus onto the system, I have an ISO image that I downloaded earlier and have put onto a 1GB USB stick with unetbootin. The stick boots up and I get the option to install linpus, I select this and get left with

"Loading /boot/i386/loader/bzImage..." normally I would wait but the USB stick I am using show when it is being accessed or just charging and it is only saying it is charging.

I did try the fedora bootable windows exe but it states my USB stick is too small, even after formatting, and the image is small enough to fit on the stick, just.

Are there any other ways, I have no CD or no linux distrbutions on my own PC and prefer not to, I do have Mac OS X though if that helps?

NaughtyOttsel, Oct 14, 2008
  2. NaughtyOttsel

kapinouwi

System restore works fine IF you manage to make a recovery usb stick. Note that you need a 2 GB one. It will also allow you to reinstall linpus if you try windows in between

kapinouwi, Oct 14, 2008
Ask a Question