searchnu

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by hispoiema, Mar 8, 2014.

1. hispoiema

hispoiema

I turned both my browsers on and found that my homepage had been hi-jacked to searchnu.com Even when I went into "settings" in Google Chrome, it still reappeared.

I looked for it in add/remove programs and it was not there.I never did see an bar add-on; it was just my homepage that was changed. Must have come along unaware to me by downloading some free software.

How dangerous is it and how do I get rid of it?

Thank you

hispoiema, Mar 8, 2014
  2. hispoiema

something back

Try to restore to an earlier time,This can be achieved by going to the start icon
    and typing restore, then choose restore to an earlier time.

You will have picked this up as you described my a trojan being hidden inside a program,
    or just clicking on install without noticing a tick box saying you wish to install it.

Although I don't know this search engine,some stop you from going to sites of your
    choice and may suggest others or redirect you to others not of your choosing.

If you did not request it then it would be best to remove it. It is your machine and choice.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    something back, Mar 10, 2014
  3. hispoiema

hispoiema

Thanks. That sounds like a good idea. I was finally able to reset the search engine in Chrome. But the weird thing is I had tried it before and it seemed to come back. Maybe I missed something.
    I also downloaded Spybot S&D and ran that. That may have helped. I'm not positive when it went away, just that it no longer comes up after restarting my computer.
    But thanks for reminding me about restoring to an earlier time.

hispoiema, Mar 11, 2014
Ask a Question