Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD. A great drive and a great price!

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Kojack, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Kojack

Kojack

I installed the 2tb firecuda in my dell 13 5000 about 2 months after I had the computer. I installed 16gb of ram also. The drive made boot ups much faster as well as running programs etc. I have a 1tb ordered for my wifes Dell 11 3000 device as well. She is stuck using 4 gb of ram since that is not upgradeable on her device, so Installing the SSHD will speed things up a bit for her too. All in all for the 119 dollars I paid for it, worth every penny for someone wanting a faster drive without losing storage.

I will post two videos here showing speed difference between the three major HD types...

Kojack, Nov 16, 2017
  2. Kojack

Kojack

Here are the videos

as a side note. The firecuda drives are faster than the momentus xt's used in these videos so the difference between them and the 7200 rpm drives are even greater now. As are the speeds of the SSD.

Kojack, Nov 16, 2017
    Ian likes this.
  3. Kojack

Ian Administrator

Quite a significant difference there, SSHD's look like good value :).

Ian, Nov 21, 2017
  4. Kojack

Kojack

Hi Ian.

They are a very good value for someone who wants Storage but still want a boost in performance. I have used mine for close on a year now....It is performance is as advertised. I also own SSD in a few devices too. The videos above are exactly what I am experiencing personally. for the money 119.00 cdn, you cannot go wrong with the SSHD.

Kojack, Nov 21, 2017
    Ian likes this.
Ask a Question