sd cards not recognized

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by iseut, Sep 24, 2008.

1. iseut

iseut

Have aspire 110 (ssd, not regular hard drive). Just got XP on it, which I need for boat design software, which wine won't run, alas. Problem: secure digital cards not recognized, and the driver won't install -- it just freezes the machine -- locked up so hard I have to remove all sources of power before I can't get it to reboot. Any ideas on how to get the driver to install? Thanks!

iseut, Sep 24, 2008
  2. iseut

tot31

tot31, Sep 24, 2008
  3. iseut

iseut

yes, those are the drivers I tried. says install fail, every time, even after I remove the base devices with question marks from device manager. I'm wondering if that package is corrupted somehow, if there's another source for the driver, or if I have another type of problem I'm not figuring out. Cards not being read are SDHC 16 gig cards, but under Linpus they worked fine, so I know it's not a hardware problem. Thanks for help!

iseut, Sep 25, 2008
  4. iseut

iseut

okay, fixed my own problem, posting in case it happens to someone else. There was a problem with the driver file. My solution was to copy it to the C: drive of the acer, and run the batch (.bat) file from there, which partially installed the sd cards -- at least they were detected. Then, after this partial install, the software installed normally using setup.exe again from the C: drive not the stick. This may be in the realm of superstition, but it seems to have fixed my problem, knock on wood.

iseut, Sep 25, 2008
Ask a Question