SD card partition table corrupted

Discussion in 'Linux' started by axcairns, Aug 17, 2008.

1. axcairns

axcairns

Hey all,

I bought an 8GB SDHC for my AA1 storage expansion slot, it was recognised and i was able to format it and put it to use. However, every few suspend/resume cycles the disk refuses to mount and the following messages are shown -

Code:
    [  146.892934] EXT3-fs error (device mmcblk0): ext3_check_descriptors: Block bitmap for group 1 not in group (block 0)!
    [  146.897994] EXT3-fs: group descriptors corrupted!
    fdisk -l
    Code:
    Disk /dev/mmcblk0: 8168 MB, 8168931328 bytes
    4 heads, 16 sectors/track, 249296 cylinders
    Units = cylinders of 64 * 512 = 32768 bytes
    Disk identifier: 0x00000000

Disk /dev/mmcblk0 doesn't contain a valid partition table
    Recreate the partition in fdisk and the data is still there.

Has anyone experienced this?

Allan

axcairns, Aug 17, 2008
  2. axcairns

qball

I had this problem when using putting the laptop in standby and waking it up again.

I think you should unmount it before putting into standby.

qball, Aug 17, 2008
  3. axcairns

zzats

zzats, Aug 17, 2008
  4. axcairns

larsll

I generally do a sudo umount and then a sync. It takes up to 5 seconds to do the syncing, but I generally don't have any problems re-mounting cleanly.

I don't have a problem with locking as I only have data on the SDHC, so unmounting is fairly unproblematic. One would possibly have to have a script killing all processes utilizing the SDHC before suspend to have a guaranteed unmount.

Apparently Acer has a patched sdhc driver for Linpus, it might be that this driver has a USB_PERSIST-like feature for SDHC that prevents the reader from resetting, requiring the unmount-remount.

larsll, Aug 18, 2008
  5. axcairns

DunklerProphet

how do you sync?

i've got the same problem at the moment, the partition table of my sd card is corrupted, and my home partitionis there ;) i can't install testdisk and i don't ifnd any way to regain the partitiontable

DunklerProphet, Sep 16, 2008
  6. axcairns

jeffmings

Petaramesh's kernel kicks serious butt! Tell everyone with an Aspire One to _get_ this now!

It fixes the suspend / SD corruption issues, suspend / sound issues, and fixes the need for a custom WiFi install!

Rush to:

http://petaramesh.org/post/2008/09/01/N ... Aspire-One

use the latest one, Noyau Ubuntu Aspire One 2.6.27-a1sp011 and its matching header.

Everything works!

jeffmings, Sep 16, 2008
  7. axcairns

DunklerProphet

at least i'm using this kernel ;) or at least the last version of it, but at the moment i can't install anything so i have to live with the allready installed features...

any ideas?

DunklerProphet, Sep 17, 2008
Ask a Question