Screen protection necessary?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by sixunderground, Dec 26, 2008.

1. sixunderground

sixunderground

Guys,

is it necessary to use the provided soft foam (plastic or maybe paper?) sheet protection for LCD and keyboard? Maybe it's used only for initial transport of AAOs to customers worldwide, but maybe it has an intention to use it further.
    I remember some Acer ntb's in the past had problems with this - when nothing was put between keyboard and LCD and the ntb was closed, the keyboard buttons touched the screen. Few months later you could see the imprint of keyboard buttons onto the LCD screen, and this was not covered by warranty.

Thanks for your replies, I'd like to keep my AAO in a mint condition :cool:

sixunderground, Dec 26, 2008
  2. sixunderground

karona

The keyboard is flush with its surround in the lower half, and the screen surface is recessed about 1mm into the bezel in the upper half, so there's no danger of the keys touching the screen. Mine's getting on for 6 months old now, and there's no imprint of the keys in the dust adhering to my screen. :lol:

Keith

karona, Dec 26, 2008
  3. sixunderground

sixunderground

Keith thanks for the information, if you're using it 6 months and no sign of a problem, then everything is fine :cool:

sixunderground, Dec 28, 2008
Ask a Question