Screen Issue

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Therm, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Therm

Therm

Hi,

I have an almost year-old Inspiron 3583. In the last few days, the screen has started to go black when the screen is in certain positions. It's possible to still use it, once you find the correct position but I'm assuming that first off this is probably a wiring issue that needs sorting and that it will get worse over time if left.

I just want to make sure there's not some other reason I might be having this issue to check or do first or whether I need to try and get it fixed ASAP.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Therm, Feb 11, 2021
  2. Therm

gray1

Well, It is probably the main wire that runs from the computer to the screen. It moves when you raise or lower the screen. The odds are that either one of the wires in the cable is broke or that one of its connecters has came a little loose. Now having said that, there was one time I would have sworn it was the cable and it turned out to be the screen itself. Either way the laptop has to come apart. Is it still under warranty? I am posting a youtube video of someone replacing the screen on the 3583. I am not saying to replace the screen but it shows a good picture of the video cable and how it goes together. Good luck and best wishes.

gray1, Feb 11, 2021
Ask a Question