Screen freeze after 2 minutes online! Please help

Discussion in 'Linux' started by dreamlander, May 13, 2009.

1. dreamlander

dreamlander

I had a quick look around but couldn't find this specific problem.I have had the 'one' for over six months and had no problems with it at all.Today though it boots up OK gets connected to the intenet just fine but only gives me about 2 minutes on any website before freezing.This includes the system clock in the corner.It's like I have taken a snapshot and left it on the screen! The only thing I have noticed is that today the Firefox/Yahoo homepage has given me the option of using UK/Ireland for the first time ever and one of the forums I visit needed to be signed in and didn't already know the password.Any help would be gratefully received.I know nothing about Linux other than the better security which is why I opted for it so please keep your explainations at 'nursery' level lol!

Thanks in advance

UPDATE-I just ran Live Update and installed a Network update but I don't think it was that causing the problem.Yesterday I had problems getting my non photoframe pictures and downloads and videos.I assume these went to my 8gb SD expansion card.I just removed this and everything seems to be back to normal.I didn't realise that the 'one' used this even though the main memory wasn't full.This explains why I have lost a few passwords and the aforementioned picture/video files.Hope this helps someone else.

Scott

dreamlander, May 13, 2009
  2. dreamlander

garrettp

WOW, I would start a separate thread about the SD card thing. I did not know that either and I am sure there are a lot of people out there having the same losses as you. If you start a new thread about it you may get some responses and it would make it an easier search too. Plus someone can verify what you are stating.

garrettp, May 13, 2009
Ask a Question