Screen flickers when firefox or IE is open in full screen

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by hasanahmad, Feb 27, 2009.

1. hasanahmad

hasanahmad

Whenever i open IE or firefox in fullscreen on my new aspire one, it flickers, not black and white flickering but flickering in different colors, pink blue, and red. my bios is 3305, anyone have the same issue?

further notes: This doesnt happen on lowest brightness but both low and bright, it also happens with plugged in or on the battery

Another further note: its a flickering of the colors on the screen whenever i make firefox or windows full size. not the screen itself. when i resize the browser windows back to less than full size, it becomes normal
    Thanks

hasanahmad, Feb 27, 2009
  2. hasanahmad

hasanahmad

Further notice:

This does not happen on new system startup, this seems to happen after the netbook comes back from a system standby or the lid has been opened

This goes away after 30-45 seconds of the window being open

hasanahmad, Feb 27, 2009
  3. hasanahmad

hasanahmad

i did some more experimentations. it seems when you take down the brightness or contrast from the Intel Media Graphics accelerator utility in the taskbar tray, the flickering stops.

is it the graphics card or the drivers.

hasanahmad, Feb 28, 2009
  4. hasanahmad

hasanahmad

anyone got an idea whats happening?

hasanahmad, Mar 2, 2009
  5. hasanahmad

mastav

i am having the same issues, except also it does it in ms word. normally where blue is, it flashes and sometimes stays violet. i have tried different things will little or no luck. any resolution??

mastav, Aug 8, 2009
Ask a Question