screen dims when HD access. on batt power and slow surfing

Discussion in 'Storage' started by 7808, Sep 19, 2008.

1. 7808

my screen backlight dims a little to the beat of the HD accessing. i noticed a flicker then i noticed its when the HD accessing on battery power.

also its really easy to bog the computer down when surfing multiple websites on battery, it will pretty stop loading sites untill i plug it in then bam internet is fast again.

anyone have these issues? im thinking weak defective battery, called acer they wanted me to send the whole computer in :x

i have the 2gb 120gb xp model with a clean install of xp no acer crap just the correct drivers

7808, Sep 19, 2008
  2. 7808

moesasin

and how do you have a 2gb model? Thats impossible?

moesasin, Sep 19, 2008
  3. 7808

DiSK

I think he meant 1GB. Lol. Otherwise, he would have made a breakthrough. :lol:

Never seen that problem on these forums. Does the HDD even have anything to do with brightness of the screen?

DiSK, Sep 19, 2008
  4. 7808

yes i mean 1gb

does the hd have anything to do with the brightness of the screen? well maybe if somthing is wrong, the power consumed by the hd working is causing power drops to the backlight. seeing as how it only happens on battery power, i was thinking i have a defective battery or maybe a bad cell. the battery life REALLY sucks too. i already sold the aa1 but plan to get another in near future. but i would say i never got more then an hour out of it.

7808, Sep 19, 2008
  5. 7808

jrinco11

yah, mine has the same screen flicker -- however, it's only really noticable when it's on the lower screen brightnesses (and battery power of course). It happens when ever the hard drive is accessed/spinning, and I guess the battery just doesn't have enough 'juice' to appropriately supply enough power to the backlight and the hard drive at the same time, unless perhaps, there is some hardware failure going on?

I've learned to live with it, and now I don't even notice it unless i'm really looking for it (and again, it's only apparent on the lowest 1, 2, 3, 4ish brightness levels)

jrinco11, Sep 19, 2008
  6. 7808

Tamrac

1hr? That's not normal at all.... Is this on a 3cell or 6 cell. My friend has the 6cell 120gb version. And he tested it to last 5hrs+ on full wifi and internet surfing.

Tamrac, Oct 4, 2008
Ask a Question