School + Gaming Laptop [help!]

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Gergely Sandor, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Gergely Sandor

Gergely Sandor

Hello!
    Next year I will be a junior in high school and am going to be taking my SAT's, AP classes, etc. etc. Therefore, I am in need of a new laptop as mine is starting to crumble apart bit by bit. If you could take your time and help me find a good laptop with the following requirements, I would very much appreciate it:

- NOT A MAC
    - Needs to be able to run (League of Legends :D) with average/above average FPS
    - Efficient laptop for school work
    - <$1,000 price range

THANK YOU!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    Gergely Sandor, Jun 23, 2015
  2. Gergely Sandor

Lun

I think it would be helpful if you posted some of the laptops you're considering so we can help you choose among them, with that budget, there are endless laptops that do more than you require just fine.

Maybe look around the HP Envy or Dell Inspiron laptops. Make sure it has a dedicated graphics card and at least 1 GB of VRAM though. Though for that game I actually think that might be a little overkill, but I haven't played it so this is just to be sure you have enough. 8 GB of RAM is also becoming a must for today's needs. Anything less might cause you performance stutters, unless you're planning on very light use.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    Lun, Jun 24, 2015
  3. Gergely Sandor

Aasif Khan

I will suggest ASUS ROG GL551JM-DH71.

It is the only affordable gaming laptop comes with a 16GB RAM(you read that right) with an Intel Core i7-4710HQ CPU clocked at 2.5 GHz (turbo to 3.5 GHz).

It also comes with Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M GPU that offers awesome gaming performance.It can play almost any game you’d like it to and still expect a little bit more from. This laptop will give you the best value for money than any other laptop out there.

Aasif Khan, Jun 28, 2015
Ask a Question