Sandra02 Benchmarks in Windows

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by mazade, Jul 27, 2008.

1. mazade

mazade

Hello all
    Its now three days after receiving my One and with the guidances of the users on this forum I now have a rather nice install of XP running on it. The 1GB ram upgrade has occurred and I'm also using a 16GB SDHC(a-data eee card). Below are screenshots I've taken of the results of benchmark tests on this very One I'm typing on now. Most of the tests were done with the somewhat older program SiSoft Sandra 02.[attachment=4:eek:77w7a2b]chipNmemtest.jpg[/attachment:eek:77w7a2b]
    [attachment=3:eek:77w7a2b]cputestAR.jpg[/attachment:eek:77w7a2b]
    [attachment=2:eek:77w7a2b]cputestMM.jpg[/attachment:eek:77w7a2b]
    [attachment=1:eek:77w7a2b]memtest.jpg[/attachment:eek:77w7a2b]
    [attachment=0:eek:77w7a2b]hdtach.jpg[/attachment:eek:77w7a2b]

mazade, Jul 27, 2008
  2. mazade

mazade

The Atom is a Hyperthreading CPU

I couldn't add this picture to the first post.. I put too many in that one it seems...
    Here you can see via the windows task manager 'performance' tab that the 1.6GHz Atom in the One is actually a hyperthreading CPU... very cool IMHO. So it really seems that this little package of tiny-coolness can attribute most cases of slowness to the semi-low-end SSD inside..
    [attachment=0:2vjg6wz3]AtomHT.jpg[/attachment:2vjg6wz3]
    Lets see here.. in the other images it said it had an average read speed of 24MB/s.. 24,000KB/s ... a 1x "card speed" is 150KB/s so that would put this things number just around 160X read speed, if compared to most flash memory specs.
    Ok fine, maybe that's not too shabby; I did build a winME system recently with a 133X CF card(which benched in at just about 124X) and it ran alright so long as you stayed to only a couple of tasks at a time.

mazade, Jul 27, 2008
  3. mazade

loopyoyo

im assuming you have the slow ssd version..and your batter is a 2400mah?

loopyoyo, Jul 27, 2008
  4. mazade

mazade

SSD & Battery

Yes, my One has the slower of the two stock SSD's. Yes, the battery is the 3-cell 2200/2400mAh battery.
    Seeing the battery that the One uses, shape and all, I get very frustrated with myself for tearing apart a battery from a wannabe umpc that I'd owned about 6months ago that completely died(the umpc thing, not the battery) from my trying to do anything but run its own crappy winCE os... I tore the battery apart for the cells.. I didn't think that such a battery would ever be seen in any computer or device that I'd own in the near future >_<

mazade, Jul 27, 2008
Ask a Question