rons tinyvista v2 disk space requirement

Discussion in 'Windows' started by cv65user, Dec 31, 2008.

1. cv65user

cv65user

what is rons tinyvista v2 disk space requirement , is 5gb enough ? as i read it uses just under 3gb space right

i am thinking this layout ,
    as 1 mac osx need to be primary patrtition so i have no option but to put after xp
    2 this seems onnly way to get more then 4 primary partitions on my 160gb hdd
    3 rest OS is juts for play purposes only
    4 this is why my xp partition is really largest as it will house office ,etc

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4416 ... onszk1.jpg

[​IMG]

cv65user, Dec 31, 2008
  2. cv65user

cv65user

cv65user, Dec 31, 2008
  3. cv65user

cv65user

ok to answer my own question

osx will install to a logical partition but refuse to boot from it as it needs its own primary partition , so it will not boot. so either osx must install to primary parition or if you really want to boot osx from a logical partition then you need to to TBOOT loeader which is a revised edition of CHAIN loader file which allows osx to boot from logical paritions

ie extract the tboot file to c:\ root drive of where your windows is installed
    then edit boot.ini file to
    c:\tboot= "mac osx"

then save, reboot pc nopw you shold be able to boot from osx instralled to logical partition

also you cannot put vista under xp menu , as vista uses new bcd config rather then boot ini . so as always xp is not compatible with newer vista . so we need to use grub as main booter for linux , then vista boot loader for xp / vista

cv65user, Jan 2, 2009
Ask a Question