Right hand card reader and SDHC cards - did it work for you?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by lotus49, Jul 10, 2009.

1. lotus49

lotus49

I have two 16GB SDHC cards, one Transcend and one A-DAta. Both have been properly tested and appear to be fine. One is mounted on /home, the other was bought as a backup so that I could just replace the one in my LH card reader should there be any data loss or corruption. I am running 9.04.

I have struggled with getting both working. I recompiled the kernel using the unsafe resume option and run the kernel with the pciehp_force option. Now my LH card reader works perfectly including resume. My RH one partially works in that cards are hot pluggable and my SD cards seem to work fine. However, the Transcend SDHC card is not recognised at all and the A-Data pretends to be but when I copy any large amount of data to it, the copying process (rsync, cp etc) hangs and I cannot kill it even with kill -9. Nor can I successfully shut down without a hard reset.

I have a USB installation of XP and I also had problems with the RH card reader and SDHC cards with that so I am starting to suspect more than just driver problems.

Has anyone else successfully used an SDHC card in their RH card reader? When I say successfully I mean hot plugging and being able to fill the card with data.

lotus49, Jul 10, 2009
  2. lotus49

RockDoctor

I've got one Transcend 4GB SDHC card and three Kingston 4GB SDHC cards. All are hot-pluggable into either slot out of the box with Fedora 10 and above; had to add pciehp.pciehp_force=1 to the kernel line in grub.conf with Ubuntu 9.10 development

RockDoctor, Jul 10, 2009
  3. lotus49

Nudnik_de

I'm using a 16GB Agfa SDHC card and a 4 GB Kingston SDHC. Both are hotpluggable and work without any problems in both cardreaders. Also applied the pciehp.pciehp_force=1 option. Recognition of cards is really quick.

Nudnik_de, Jul 10, 2009
  4. lotus49

lotus49

Thanks for the replies, I am beginning to suspect that I am suffering from a hardware problem here :( .

lotus49, Jul 11, 2009
Ask a Question