Retail stores?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by astoriajeff, Jul 18, 2008.

1. astoriajeff

astoriajeff

Does anyone know any retail stores in the U.S. that carries the one.
    I'm pretty sure I'd like to get one, but I'd sort of like to touch it first (check out screen, overall size, keyboard, etc).
    The acer website isn't exactly helpful and Newegg was the only place that I've really seen it.
    -jeff

astoriajeff, Jul 18, 2008
  2. astoriajeff

Kev50027

Supposedly, Circuit City and Best Buy are supposed to be carrying them, but I doubt they will have any in their store. As far as getting your hands on one before you buy it, I think the British have us beat there. Sorry about that, but I don't think retail stores in the US will ever carry the One, as I never found any EEEs in stores. The best you can do is watch videos and read reviews, and I can help you with the video part, I got mine in yesterday and posted a bunch of videos on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kev50027

Hope that helps, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Kev50027, Jul 18, 2008
  3. astoriajeff

Wolydarg

I know the Best Buy by my place used to have a EEE on display. Then it was stolen, so no more EEE's on display, but the retail stores around you might have it. According to a few sites, BB/CC are supposed to be carrying the aspire one, but I haven't been able to see anything on their websites. Been looking for a blue linux one for too long :p

Wolydarg, Jul 18, 2008
  4. astoriajeff

glibdud

Yeah, I'm with you. It seems the blue SSD Linux version hasn't been released in North America. I hope that's just a temporary thing...

glibdud, Jul 18, 2008
  5. astoriajeff

astoriajeff

Thanks for the vids Kev50027.
    There is a store called Microcenter near me that has the eee 7" on display, but I went today and they didn't have the acer One or the HP mininote or the new 9" eee, so I sort of doubt they'll get the One soon, who knows.
    I looked at a Circuit City the other day, but didnt see anything. maybe I'll try a best buy soon.
    I'm also hoping for the blue One, but Newegg only seems to have the white one.
    Also at newegg when you search for Acer One, you don't get it, but if you search for Acer atom, it comes up.

astoriajeff, Jul 19, 2008
  6. astoriajeff

Kev50027

No problem, apparently the unboxing is #30 most watched video today in Science and Tech in Spain. Who knew Spain was into netbooks? lol

Anyway, I too have noticed that a search for Acer Aspire One reveals nothing on many sites, while a search for the Atom makes it come up. Peculiar that stores aren't putting it up under its name, I wonder why.

Kev50027, Jul 20, 2008
  7. astoriajeff

Davidcowling

it was on the pc world site in the UK for a time, then they took it off suddenly...

Davidcowling, Aug 5, 2008
  8. astoriajeff

Guest Guest

My dad said that they carried them at the local Bestbuy, but they aren't on display because they don't fit in the laptop locking stations and can be stolen. They aren't supposed to open up the boxes for you to look at either but I convinced one guy to for the EEE PC 901 and discovered that the keyboard was much too small.

Guest, Aug 12, 2008
  9. astoriajeff

astoriajeff

It looks like August 8 was the magic day in the states.
    I've seen them at MicroCenter, Circuitcity, J&R (jr.com)
    The circuit city was also sort of hidden away in a cabinet, so you don't really notice it while walking around.
    I was surprised at how many J&R had, although they have a limited store base.
    I'm in NYC, so my sample of stores may not be representative.

astoriajeff, Aug 12, 2008
  10. astoriajeff

Davidcowling

the white one is back on the pc world site

Davidcowling, Aug 14, 2008
  11. astoriajeff

Archer

I second the microcenter post above that is where I picked up mine

Archer, Aug 14, 2008
  12. astoriajeff

saral

There is a AAO on the PC World UK website now, but isn't that a picture of an EEE PC to go with it?

saral, Aug 14, 2008
  13. astoriajeff

Sid

LOL that takes the biscuit!
    The price, specification and picture are all wrong :)
    Smart or what?

Sid, Aug 14, 2008
  14. astoriajeff

hmmwv

All of the local Circuit City stores in Seattle have the blue A101, some on display too, yeah they don't fit hte locking bracket and I actually accidently took one out :twisted:
    Man, what a fingerprint magnet!

hmmwv, Aug 15, 2008
Ask a Question