Resident Evil Biohazard Games Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hertzian56, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

General thread for RE Biohazard games. I'll get into it next post.

Hertzian56, Dec 28, 2023
  2. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

So yeah like my comments in what game are you playing now I recently played the gold edition of RE8 and I've played RE since the original 4 and 5 then later the remakes that have come out and through 8 last year or so.

My favorite by far is RE2 Remake, great noir vibes, slow creepy play, the typical RE bubblegum type story like in 0-3 with the main story being the umbrella zombie one which most associate with the RE franchise but as I've learned it's not about umbrella and human based Tvirus zombies but just about bio research gone wild. I guess I was wrong there when I think about the other biohazards that were not based on the human zombie motif. In 4 there were not straight zombies but some virus taking over humans not related to the Tvirus leak which is in the classic games otherwise and of course the bad movies are all about umbrella and the tvirus apocalypse so many casual fans like myself assumed that was the franchise whole thing.

So yeah just finished a replay of RE8 and it took me about 10hrs with a trainer so no deaths unless it's a scripted death like with moreau sequence where you have to avoid being eaten by the fish. I don't plan on any more replay of it nor the other modes of play, not interested there. Great game and the high point is really the Lady D and daughters mansion thing, the other lords aren't that interesting and once you get past heisenberg it's really just a cutscene to the end with some short boss battle gameplay and such.

Ethan who was introduced in 7 I think dies at the end but his wife mia and daughter rose get saved. Chris Redfield plays a side character here throughout. The last scene here is Chris and mia/rose flying away in a helo from a blown up village. Chris sees that the BSAA is not using real humans but bioweapons that resemble humans and thus orders whatever org he's with to the BSAA Europe HQ which seems to setup RE9 for a reckoning with the BSAA.

RE8 looks great for the resources it uses which is fairly rare today. UE5 takes up a lot more resources then it warrants at med low setting imo and it doesn't scale down well. Many devs are moving to standard engines to cut costs and time to market. So quality is going down overall in the AA and AAA segment. Indys are hit and miss but there is so many of them you'll get some good ones. Even some engines that are proprietary like Remedonts Northlight are not much better than UE. Capcoms engine whatever it is is really a standout and rockstars engines are usually very good too.

On my mid range 2060 laptop I was able to get it really good looking for not much fan noise at all at 1080p used FSR1 since it doesn't have dlss. It's about 38gb which is pretty good. But the game is short for the cost I think it was about 50-60 new so it needed to have 50hrs of gameplay to be a good value which even without the trainer and sped up character via the trainer it wouldn't be more than 20hrs main story.

Howlongtobeat gives 9,5 hrs main story which is too short to be real without trainers and such. I'd guess something like 15-20hrs myself with no aids. That's a bad value for the full priced version and no dlcs and really relies on the RE premium for that. There are some dlcs but they're not too long and I'm not into battle arena gameplay.

This game also had denuvo for the first year or so but has since removed it. I wouldn't buy a denuvo game nor a game that needs online always like jubisoft games have. Eye patch those games. Capcom, CC, 33, also put in denuvo on RE4 remake which it still has. I did grab the free version but was underwhelmed by it tbh having played the PC version original and maybe the console version I can't remember. There was nothing outstanding about it, it is RE quality no doubt but I think because I previously played it it just didn't hit as hard as RE2R did which I never played the original version.

Hertzian56, Dec 28, 2023
  3. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

They did release the remade Separate Ways DLC which the original also had but I haven't played it because there is no free version of it so far. TBH I don't care too much since it features the very obvious trannyfied Ada Wong. Ada in the base game has a big ole drag queen voice which is gross.

I understand it's about an 8hr add on which is pretty decent sized for dlc. It's not cpdur sized of course but works. Of course they charge for it, 10$ which is okay so you've got a 17hr game if you take the base of 10hrs or so. Still a terrible value though.

SCRATCH THAT. HLTB says SW's is only about 5hrs, pitiful to charge for that imo. Whole game is less than 20hrs then if you take HLTB's data as accurate. And that's likely 60+ total cost. The RE premium isn't worth that much. Ok so say the RE premium tax is 2/hr instead of the standard 1/hr value scale for games so the base and SW dlc should have been 40-45 priced. I'd definitely wait on most of these terribly valued games as now you could likey get it for the correct price there. And probably a month or a bit more after first release you could have got a fair price for it. They likely sell a complete bundle at that price or less.

Hertzian56, Dec 28, 2023
  4. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

So yeah probly just delete this now and in the future replay 7 which to me was a better game in the newer RE series. I also really like the Revelations games especially 2 where it was episodic and you played as different characters and I can't remember the ending there. Rev 1 was a mobile game originally and it shows but it's still pretty fun.

I've heard Operation Raccoon City was more of the umbrella tvirus zombies stuff which is what I like about RE mostly and wish there was more added to that episode of the RE universe. Hopefully they remake that next.

RE3R was too short but I liked it having never played the original. With RE games the premium cost needs to be better and wow factor and 3 was just more actiony 2 feel to it, nothing new much.

So I'm guessing from the end of 8 Chris will be the main protag in 9 and on to a more northern or western europe setting to it. Fighting or whatever BSAA.

Hertzian56, Dec 28, 2023
  5. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

Yeah and just to add think about what open world games like witcher 3 or GTAV or even a Far Cry etc offered as far as content per hour per dollar, unheard of values all over compared to the RE games per dollar.

Cyberpunk if you do the side gigs and all the other stuff is easily 40hrs, the main story is pretty short at 15-20hrs admittedly but the gigs and optional major side stuff ads 20hrs at least to it. Just the main story is just ok, much better in the middle part with judy and panam stuff and river stuff. And now add on Phantom Liberty which is likely a much better price than the 30$ insult cpdurtards priced it at as it's really just a shifted viewpoint retelling of the main story but shallow nonetheless like the main story of cyberpunk is. But it's at least 10-15hrs more gameplay on top of the 40hrs+ base game and extras so 50-60hrs for that price is a lot better value than 60$ for 20-30hrs if you really stretch it to completionist levels in RE8 and most RE games.

RE4 was admittedly longer but only about 15-20hrs so about 5 hrs longer than RE8 and it's not really a good extra hours either. Just finding ashley then she gets kidnapped again to then go find her, rinse repeat a couple times. And that was 60$ new no meaningful dlc to it. I don't think capcom has 50-60 or even 30-40hr games in them from a writing standpoint or a larger world standpoint. The only way they know how to add more hours is collectibles and battle arenas, the stories are small and the worlds are largely small and linear. They could have just made RE2R and RE3R into one longer game, would have worked a lot better imo especially for the negative impressions that 3 had all over. Maybe 3 could have been a dlc for 2 for a good 30-40hr game.

So yeah RE is a premium priced thing that usually is a terrible value for casual fans. I already deleted RE8 just not that interested in more replay or the dlc stuff. For even 2$/hr of play it was a ripoff at full price of 60$, it should have been at most 45$ brand new. And I wouldn't spend that kind of money on essentially a rental with denuvo and steam and such. They want their EULA where you're renter fine, price it at digital rental pricing not at what I should pay for real ownership. For the 10-15hrs main story with some lite extra play and exploration should have been 30$. And now with sales you can probably get it for less than that, so don't waste money on a new shiny digital entertainment for anything. It'll be just as new in 3 months for much more sane pricing.

If I can rent a movie via redbox for a night for very cheap and then I can buy a used physical movie for very cheap there's no reason videogames don't fit into that. For 60$ I'm going to need it on physical media period. A 100gb usb3 or usbc drive isn't going to cost more than 5$ or much less en masse and 99% of all games today will fit on one of those, whole game. I can then download patches and dlc even onto the same usb drive for most games if devs weren't so profligate about compression.

Most repacks max out at most 80gb and that's for a 150gb or more game install with all languages and voiced languages so there's no excuse for these devs at all. RE8 just english all dlc was 20gb, installed at 38gb. RE7 repack english only all dlc was about the same but that is likely 60gb install since it had more meaty dlc than 8 did. So you don't even need 100gb usbc drive for a physical copy, 50gb would do it with several major languages included or just have the language packs besides the standard english, spanish, german, italian, french available for downloading separately like patches and dlc. Or just have different versions of physical media available, one for asian countries, russian bloc, europe, north america etc

Hertzian56, Dec 28, 2023
  6. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

They don't want physical media due to killing the used games for pc market, they don't get a piece or much less of a piece. And consoles are not far behind for the same reasons. So the increased price is just pure greed for these devs and their larger megacorp owners.

Hertzian56, Dec 28, 2023
  7. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

I've been going back through old re games lately. I did an almost complete replay of RE2 remake which is my favorite of the top line series. Great game but of course is a little short and you just essentially replay the same levels as leon or claire. The only difference being your companion and story is different to then merge later. Claire is about saving the little girl and leon is teamed with Ada Wong for a bit. I was thinking why they haven't given Ada Wong her own game where she's central to the plot, very strange. The ada voice in this one is believable, the one in RE4 remake is an obvious drag queen ladyboy doing the voice work it's awful stuff.

They needed to combine 2 and 3 remakes into one game because 3 is less than 10 hrs long which is a huge ripoff for the 50-60$ it was originally even the current 40$ is way too much. Capcom, CC, 33, are a bunch of douches no doubt and I do not recommend giving them any money for any of their overpriced drm laced games and anti-modding stance for SP games. Not to mention the DLC abuse games they play easily seen, Separate Ways DLC I think is free with the pc hd game but with the lackluster remake it's a paid dlc for a few hours.

Hertzian56, Mar 31, 2024
  8. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

The problem with 7-8 etc are that the characters from the original games are the best part about the games, you become fans of them but they largely disappear after 5-6. The rando new characters for 7-8 just have no real appeal or backstory to them anyone cares about and the story veers into serious stuff and away from the campy fun of the first 3-4 games too much.

So the newer RE games are just generic horror-like games set in a generic backdrop world that has some RE elements to it but are nothing like the first few games that made this whole series. Capcom has just been living on milking them for a long time and counting on the branding like coke pepsi count on it when there are better games in the same genre overall that offer better gameplay, more interesting stories that are longer by 10s of hours per game and thus a much better value and more gamer friendly devs.

The remakes keep this series going because 7-8 just don't do it too much for me. I get the horror house texas chainsaw themes of 7 and it's the better of the two but it still is nowhere near as good as 1-2 or even the classic 4, the remake of 4 is just off to me can't put my finger on why though. Neither 7-8 are RE games they're what they call "RE Universe" spinoff games like the awful star wars spinoffs or marvel-dc garbage spunoff from garbage. A la carte trash to appeal to everyone and rake in more money because, well more makes more.

So I am definitely thinking capcom will remake all of the classics, Code Veronica, 5 and 6 will likely all be remade because why not keeps the series going more than the new ones do and the nostalgist segment guarantees sales for a long time. I never played CV 322, but did play 5 which I remember vaguely as pretty janky and 6 for a little bit until the QTEs got to be just too much never went back to it.

Hertzian56, Mar 31, 2024
  9. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

I really think capcom missed the boat with the Revelations series almost forgotten now. 1 was pretty fun port of a 3ds game I think but a bit janky on pc and really RER1 could really use a remake or refresh for pc and modern systems. It features classic characters on a haunted ship switching between various ones. Jill is the one I remember but there are more. The ship setting is a nice change of scene for the biohazard ragnarok genre. The whole Terra Save and Terragrigia disaster being central here so it's a consistent pillar for the two games to branch off from in a move past Raccoon City, the classic mansion from 1 and such.

My favorite is RER2 by far though and it should have been released as one game, not episodic but it still could have been structured as episodic similar to Alan Wake 1 was. Episodic main games aren't a good idea, keep the paced episodic stuff to extra dlcs only, no one wants a 2 hour episode every few weeks of what they pay for a whole game or even if it's just a cheap episode at a time coming to around 25$ total for what is about 10hrs of main story gameplay and a couple of very short dlcs that weren't too great and also are extra cost to add maybe 3-4 hours to it.

As usual RE games are premium priced stuff but not really premium content nor even meet the 1$ or less per hour metric. Unless a game is vast open world with dozens of side things, mysteries and a main story there's no way they're worth the asking price for a long long time. In fact as we go forward the thousands of games of mid and high quality and premium quality for peanuts or even free make it obvious that games are largely valueless, even a negative value.

Just buying a bloated priced GPU today should come with free games. Buy the actual real world hardware you own and can resell etc and get the valueless addon of any game you want. All I need to play soccer is to buy a physical ball, maybe some pylons for goals and a reasonably sized open field which can be found for free. I don't need to pay anyone for just playing the game. It's even easier if you just practice by yourself just a ball or a ball of tape or scraps nothing else needed.

If they stopped making games we'd still have thousands of games that suffice just fine for pretty much forever in the videogame genre. If the corrupt nasty semi-pro and pro leagues of various sports disappeared completely we could still be just fine playing the games ourselves. I can actually go to games and watch them, no ticket seller or broadcaster needed. The players enjoy playing that's enough for them, not these awful egotistical scumbag stars and their filthy lifestyles and such and the surrounding filthy tv broadcasting and the support staff trash they need.

Hertzian56, Mar 31, 2024
  10. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

Capcom can't really make good new games, evidence of the latest debacle of their dragons dogma 2 mess with multiple layers of drm, generic nature of it and such. The approach for big games is much smarter on rockstars MO, meaning you release it for consoles with fixed specs for at least a year to work out bugs and optimize to a known fixed system. Then you relaunch for PC later on for a new rush of sales, double dipper dumbos and free press etc

From some of the comments the games looks don't justify the hw needed for smooth gameplay and that's true of RE7-8 also, just bad optimization and an old engine then use tricks to make it look better at a huge cost in performance and cpu brute force needed. Capcom is going the cheapest route for the highest prices and then adding the shysterism in droves like most of the major studios, jubisoft, justar, even RGG is just a shyster studio now.

Ironically one of the most jewmasontranny scumtard studios out there CpdurTards is the least shyster as far as DRM, none for GOG games, and pricing of old games like TW3 classic which is an incredible value today. Even 77 is mostly fairly priced for the amount of content offered, is mod friendly for the most part and of course no drm in the GOG versions. But like cars NEVER pay sticker price, of course there is no negotiation here nor used market to bypass it completely other than eye patching it which I do recommend for any videogame whatsoever. But if you really want to spend real money for fake items like videogames or any digital item, you need to wait for major sales down the road or find a key site that offers at least 30% off sticker price for games.

And I DO NOT recommend paying real money for games that require a 3rd party login to even play SP offline games, just pirate those or skip them. So you're talking jubisoft almost completely, seriously don't give those scum any money ever, capcom fits in there also, justar but they largely killed their own major series by turning them into online games. At least for me GTA and RDR are totally done series. GTA was killed by GTAO, it's just another mindless killathon and cheatathon hacker game now. Max Payne classics can still be had without any logins if you look, from what Remedont has released last few years the remake of the Max Payne series owned by Rockstar isn't looking to be too good. Remedont is trash studio for a long time. I did like Control but that was it since Alan Wake 1. 2 games of their own in 20 years lol. Remember Max Payne they're hired help only, not owners.

Hertzian56, Mar 31, 2024
  11. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

But getting back to RE Revelations series I really like 2. It has classic characters Claire and Barry in a scenario from after raccoon city-mansion settings of terrasave and terragrigia floating city of the first of this series. But it has the classic dark dank setting of an island for testing the virus or bioweapons of which claire and moira are the students along with a few of the other terrasave survivors kidnapped to here. Barry and the little girl Natalia are interlopers here so add in an element of chaos which the jewmasontrannys tend to add artificially to their schemes.

Order out of chaos= we create an artificial chaos to then impose our satanic order, it's as fake as the dialectical process where you start from where you want to be then work backwards using fake opposing forces you control both of in gradual steps to convince bystanders it all happened "naturally" when it's no such thing whatsoever. It's all just a criminal conspiracy by physical, mental and most of all spiritual criminals.

So anyways it's better then 1 to me but also pretty short main story of just 10hrs or 2 hours roughly per episode. They still want about 25$ almost 10 years later for this, should be 5-10$ for the whole game including dlc for the last 7 years at least. Or they should include it free with full priced new games, mainline remakes or new titles.

Hertzian56, Mar 31, 2024
  12. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

If you notice Revelations started in 2013 and 2 was released in 2015 so that's about the time Capcom switched from having to write new RE games and settings in the Revelations series to doing the remakes which cost less since no writers or much less writing needed and no imagination really since they use the old settings just prettified. They also were focusing on RE7 which is all new, so sadly the Revelations series was just a bridge to be used for a set period between transitions. Kind of a shame since both games were fresh and largely well done if you liked the settings and returning classic characters which make this series really.

As I said above the new rando characters in 7-8 just don't have the history or common experience of either raccoon city or the mansion. The new rando characters were out in the wilds or really didn't exist before. I roughly see how 7-8 are tied together but just don't care about them or their stories. They're above average generic horror-lite games but nothing more there. It's like taking store brand cola and slapping a coke or pepsi label on them, charging the same premium price for something that is obviously not the real thing. And in many cases the store brand labeled as such is cheaper or a better value and also really is better then the falsely labeled premium brands.

The Evil Within series of only 2 games was better, especially 1 but 2 had it's moments. Dead Space games are better horror, dirt cheap classics that still look good enough today unlike the old school RE games. Zombie focused games like Dying Light 1 are vastly better and do feature scary horror in places, 2 is just ok. I'm sure there are indy games I'm forgetting that are better then the new 7-8 games. 7 is top tier but overpriced and falsely uses the RE branding. Revelations games would be better featuring the original characters.

Hertzian56, Mar 31, 2024
  13. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

So yeah I finished Resident evil Revelations 2 all four main episodes in 8.5hrs making it way too short for the price unless you really like the RE series. You can get all 4 and the two dlc episodes which are short ones featuring moira and natalia plus the pretty good raid mode for 20$. I'd say w the dlc it's around 10hrs and the raid mode can be a lot of time if you play it enough which is pretty good but just a shooting gallery type of thing probably better in local co-op mode since there is no online co op raid mode. They actually said this would be added later but of course that was 9 years ago so don't hold your breath.

I don't think RER1 is too much longer but it's also pretty good tbh They need to include that game in the bundle for 20$ you'd have a decent value for main story content total time. Raid in both is variable you either will add lots of hours or not much at all. I'm replaying main story on survival currently as I like this game a lot and also I have mods for claire and moira that are pretty sexy enough said. Like in RE2 remake I have claire bikini mod which adds some nice scenery to it. Claire by far my fav RE character. Jill is also a fav in RER1, nice to look at in a dark series lol

Hertzian56, Apr 2, 2024
  14. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

I just finished the Resident Evil Revelations 1 and it's a short but fun game despite the jankiness due to the fact that it was a DS game to begin with later ported to various other platforms. I had this game on 3ds at one point it was like 5-10$ for the cartridge and the 3d effect is kinda cool for here and there, long sold with the whole system and all the games.

I like the game it is kind of tedious if you've played it before and are trying to semi-speed run it since the episodes and constant breaking up of the flow for that is obnoxious. Some levels are so short that the post level menus and such take almost as long as playing they're so convoluted and such. This was too much of a jap team that worked on this with the constant reminders and popups and babying in the menus and such but in places the terrible map gave no clear indication of where to go so you waste a ton of time going all over to find out that you just needed to go into a door that was previously blocked by an injured associate. That's late in the game on the terragrigia flashback levels. Also the map it TERRIBLE in this game totally unhelpful, it's 3d moving around but needed to just be by the floor so you could tab up and down to see what level you needed to be on or something because it's not good.

The obnoxious door opening mechanic also, if youre follwoing a teammate the door must close FIRST behind them so you cna then hit open button it's really obnoxious. Also the underwater diving levels are just too much without a trainer. I recommend the trainer on nexus which has no drowning, negates the timers and more because the game is frustratingAF otherwise. I don't remember finishing it completely until I got that trainer today. I think I stopped somehwere near the end but never all the way to the ending. Too much jankiness and frankly unfair fights and such.

This is the more exciting of the two revelations games no doubt but also much more janky and looks nowhere near as good. I'd guess how I played it was 6hrs or less but someone not using trainers and such would take likely 10hrs if they didnt rage quit. I also use and old Fling trainer for it but you really only need the nexus trainer, top file. You'll need an older game version and also .NET 4 or something so Win11 is likely out for that trainer. 10 works fine for me and I have the latest version or so of the game just NOT the version they put in some drm then removed 11 years later so it's clean. torrent this game like revelations 2 or any jucom, jubisoft, justar, remedont, nintendont and more games. I think it might be the last dodi version or before that I can't remember. 5.9gb repack installing 7.6gb.

So yeah recommend it free of course. I find it funner and more interesting than 7-8, 3, 4 main line games. Just needs some freshening up and a western game studio really needed to be consulted to get it up to western standards, not jap overdoing it micromanaging and babying standards, like ocd type stuff. They really need to sell these on GOG as a bundle package for like 20$ total no drm but you know the greedster empire is worldwide.

Hertzian56, Apr 3, 2024
  15. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

I'm doing a speedrun replay of both 1 and 2 now but mostly 1 at this point it's a lot faster of a game. RER1 has a LOT of filler cutscenes though and of course the bloated menus and popups also add time to the game likely done on purpose since we're talking about capcom. 1 just has a lot of cutscenes and breaking the flow episodic intermissions so you'll play for 5mins finish a section and then have to skip the cutscenes after and before the next mission if you're not interested in watching all of them. Game would be even shorter than 6hrs without all that like 4hrs if there was just story telling in 1 or 2 cutscenes and much better and faster menus and popups.

Episodic structure really works best with a tv reference to it like AW had with twilight zone and such. The episodic here was just to add time to the game and also this game moves all over the place between 3-4 teams at different times and vastly different places it's actually quite bewildering frankly and I just focus on the ship and what I need to do there the rest is just side stuff like the russian or winter levels and the terragrigia levels which are mostly just corridor shooting more than the ship is.

I am no expert on lore but since Jessica betrays the team at the end we never find out what happens there or I happened to skip that since I skip all cutscenes in this game since I've played this before and there are too many anyways. It's one of those things you go get a story summary and skip all the cutscenes save time get same info.

Hertzian56, Apr 4, 2024
  16. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

Doing a rerun of RER1 on infernal mode so it switches up where things are a bit and more enemies to spice it up for me. I use the trainer on nexus which stops timers and no drown the two most important since everything else the fling trainer has. As I said I have nude mods for the ladies or skimpy where possible. It's a fun game that's more fast paced then 2 but 2 has better graphics, more interesting mechanics and a much better raid mode.

I'm also casually doing a rerun of RER2 but mostly the claire-moira chapters. I guess it does wrap up the story in the end there w all of them kind of as close friends or natalia basically joins barry-moira as a daughter. So I guess claire and barrys story in the RE world ends there not sure really. I wish this game was a lot longer it would have been a lot better with another 4 or so episodes but revelations series is more action and less puzzles and a shorter tighter series with simpler stories that begin and end.

Although the ending of 1 is open I guess Jessica gets away as an agent as does the redhead dude so veltro and bsaa or fbc actually work together to create terrorist activities so they can be needed funded more. Ok sounds like real life there.

Hertzian56, Apr 7, 2024
Ask a Question