Request: General Advice/Known Issues for new 10" Owners

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Andysan, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Andysan

Andysan

Hi all,

Long time 8.9" AAO owner and just bought a D150-1BB netbook. Does anyone have any geenral advice please, regarding any known issues or problems? Also, am planning on installing Linux alongside Windows, but am unsure whether to leave XP or put Windows 7 on? Does anyone have any experience with performance etc... please?

Thanks,

Andysan

Andysan, Oct 12, 2009
  2. Andysan

AspireOverdrive

My 10'' hasn't had any major problems that I know of.

Windows 7 should work "out of the box" with the D150. Linux usually should work out of the box; I tried installing Ubuntu 9.04 and it wouldn't pick up my wireless card however 9.04 netbook remix worked fine.

Hope this helps

AspireOverdrive, Oct 14, 2009
  3. Andysan

Rolan

Connection to the screen broke in the left hinge after 6 weeks of very light/careful use. Waiting for repair.

Rolan, Oct 14, 2009
  4. Andysan

Andysan

Thanks for those tips, particularly regarding the screen hinge.

I've installed Win 7 and soon plan on putting Ubuntu Jaunty on there too. No problems so far but my vertical scroll pad doesnt work. I've left the recovery partition on but can no longer seem to access it with Alt+F10, does anybody know if the functionality for this is within the BIOS or the MBR please?

Keyboard feels nicer than my old AAO.

Cheers.

Andysan, Oct 15, 2009
Ask a Question