Replacing the LCD-panel

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by paralyzah, Sep 3, 2008.

1. paralyzah

paralyzah

Hi,

Would it be possible to replace the LCD-panel with a higher resolution one? Since I'm guessing the answer is yes, I have some more questions:

Where would I be able to find such panels for sale? I'm looking for 1280x800 or something like that, or at least a panel with more decent amount and quality of colors (yes, I know things would get small and that it may be expencive).

Are there custom ways to attached these panels - thickness, cables and such - or is it somewhat standarized?

Would this make it easier to make it into a touch screen (this is not my primary objective, and I know there is a whole other post on that, but so far it seems their unsuccessful).

paralyzah, Sep 3, 2008
  2. paralyzah

this-is-me

I know this is really outside the realm of some of the members of this forum, but I am also interested in replacement of the LCD screen. A 1280x800 LCD screen would be sweet because I am more used to that than the current 1024x600. I am so interested in it, I would probably be willing to pay "through the nose" to get one. I can install it myself if necessary.

this-is-me, Oct 2, 2008
  3. paralyzah

melhiore

There is couple of things you have to consider:

1. LCD it self - you have to find right one (size),
    2. Inverter must be right for LCD and computer construction (all voltage, signals etc.)
    3. Compatibility with graphic card,
    4. Drivers.

If you can collect all this there is nothing to stop you from changing the LCD... :)

melhiore, Oct 2, 2008
  4. paralyzah

Source IT

I may be able to help here guys.
    My company (www.sourceits.com) has access to a number of different computer parts, although I am not the most technical person on the planet I do know that I should be able to find the correct upgrade providing someone can get me the model number and manufacturer of the LCD panel itself (found on a barcode on the back of the panel once the casing is removed) I should be able to find your upgrade.

Please contact me with this info if you dare to take your notebook apart, and I would be happy to do the rest of the work for you. [email protected]

Source IT, Oct 2, 2008
  5. paralyzah

this-is-me

I was so excited when I read your post that I disassembled the screen immediately - while the AA1 was still on!
    Here is the information you may need:
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

this-is-me, Oct 3, 2008
  6. paralyzah

bouli

How did you remove the screen to do the replacement?

bouli, Dec 5, 2008
  7. paralyzah

freddan83

i just broke my lcd, first dropped the computer from the table wich it survived but i had my cell connected through usb and that one fell too, landed on the lcd och broke it..

so if one of you ever upgrade to a new lcd i would happily buy your old one... or if you know where i can buy a new one that would be nice too

freddan83, Dec 11, 2008
  8. paralyzah

this-is-me

Well, the guys from sourceits don't seem to be in a rush to find us a suitable replacement screen or I would be happy to sell you my old one once I got a new one. If you are in a hurry you can get a replacement screen from them.

this-is-me, Dec 11, 2008
  9. paralyzah

dnrsha

I think the guy from Source-It is looking for a Manufacturer and Model # of the LCD you want to upgrade to, not the one you currently have.

dnrsha, Dec 11, 2008
  10. paralyzah

freddan83

freddan83, Dec 12, 2008
Ask a Question