Replacing battery in HP laptop

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by esskaykay, Jan 1, 2023.

1. esskaykay

esskaykay

Hello,

I am looking to replace a “swelling/bulging” battery in our HP Envy 360 Convertible laptop (model #15-cp0053cl). I opened up the case and the existing battery is an HP LK03XL (I believe HP part #L09281-855).

I have found numerous generic versions online but few if any original OEM HP batteries. I have no problem installing a generic battery, in fact if it would perform flawlessly as the original, I would probably prefer such as I assume it would be much less expensive. However, I have read that upon reboot, these HP laptops will display a non-compliant warning message when any non-OEM battery is installed.

Can anyone shed any additional info on this, particularly where to purchase and how to proceed if there is some unique installation procedure required?

Thanks,
    Steve K.

esskaykay, Jan 1, 2023
  2. esskaykay

kellyrobin

Hi,
    I think you should go HP showroom and service it. If you haven't service center around you, then you can purchase your laptop battery on Amazon and also you can search on YouTube how to replace HP laptop battery with your laptop model number like that:

kellyrobin, Jan 24, 2023
Ask a Question