Replacement LCD: Where to purchase

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by tripdive, Sep 5, 2008.

1. tripdive

tripdive

I have just acquired a Free Used Acer Aspire One with a cracked LCD screen. The LCD is most definitely toast. I've attempted to call a few LCD replacement suppliers with no luck. Does anybody know where I can purchase a replacement 8.9" LCD.

I pulled out the damaged LCD screen and it is Manufactured by AU Optronics, Model No. B089AW01

Currently I'm just running the little guy off a full size old school monitor. It would make my month if I could actually make it mobile.

tripdive, Sep 5, 2008
  2. tripdive

acron1

acron1, Sep 5, 2008
  3. tripdive

ericww

If you are located in the US, all Acer support is handled by their phone support, so give them a call: 1-800-816-2237

ericww, Sep 5, 2008
  4. tripdive

tripdive

First thing i did was call Acer Support and they said a replacement screen would be in the ball park of $300. I may as well buy a new Aspire One for that cost. I also checked that link to AU Optronics, doesn't lead anywhere.

I'm wondering if finding a damaged Acer Aspire One with a functional LCD is the way to go. Are there any damaged/used Aspire One's floating around?

tripdive, Sep 5, 2008
  5. tripdive

atarione

yeah I was going to guess that acer would want more than it could possibly be worth for a replacement panel.

your best bet is to hope someone FAILS at a mod / memory upgrade and parts out the remaining bits. keep an eye on ebay maybe you'll get lucky (someone else being Unlucky apparently).

atarione, Sep 5, 2008
  6. tripdive

ogeddes

Hi there

I have one for sale - its from a week old unit, still inside the laptop lid with all cables etc... (so you get the lid as well). Its from a white Aspire One (although obviously you can take the screen out and put it in any machine!).

Its located in the UK, but I dont mind sending it anywhere if you contact me directly. There are pictures on eBay (reanimated-elise).

I am after £60 for it (shipping inc if in the UK) of the highest bidder on eBay

My email is owengeddes @ gmail . com

thanks!

Owen

ogeddes, Sep 11, 2008
Ask a Question