Regarding SSD drives what does the Spec "nm" stand for?

Discussion in 'Storage' started by AspireAOA150, Mar 29, 2012.

1. AspireAOA150

AspireAOA150

I'm just learning, researching, starting out today... I just want to know right now... what does "nm" stand for as in...

"This topic is even more relevant now, in the wake of a swift shift from 3x nm NAND to flash memory manufactured at 25 nm."?

If possible, what are the other important specs associated with this drive and their definitions?

Comparatively speaking, how much faster is an SSD drive over a conventional one? (ie. 2x, 3x, 4x...)

thanks, john b.

AspireAOA150, Mar 29, 2012
  2. AspireAOA150

Guest Guest

Well, I don't know much about SSD's, but nm stands for nano meter which refers to the size used during the manufacturing process of the NAND memory chips.

Usually, the smaller the size (20nm is smaller than 30nm) the less space and more electrically efficient the device is.

So smaller nm = Good.

Guest, Mar 29, 2012
  3. AspireAOA150

AspireAOA150

Excellent! Perfect! Thank You very much for your quick response, and easily understandable explanation.

AspireAOA150, Mar 29, 2012
  4. AspireAOA150

Guest Guest

No problem. ;)

Guest, Apr 2, 2012
Ask a Question