recovery freezing at 5% (usb flash AND usb CD)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jloc, Aug 11, 2008.

1. jloc

jloc

Hi all

When trying to re-install Linpus, i can select the partition etc, and then the program starts to re-format my SSD.

However, when it gets to 5% it says "Error the program can not continue.." then i have to exit. This happens using USB-CD and USB Flash memory sticks (I have tried various memory sticks)

Has anyone else had this specific problem (freezing at 5% regardless of what media is being used) - and have found a fix?

Im currently downloading the ubunto .iso as a work-around

So far i have tried 3 USB Flash Drives, USB CD drive, and i have also updated the BIOS to the latest version.

thanks guys - james

jloc, Aug 11, 2008
  2. jloc

jloc

Have sorted this issue.

I went on to try and install ubuntu, fedora etc and still had same problem. I removed the extra RAM i installed and everything works fine - i'm now using Ubuntu...

The RAM i used was:

OCZ PC2-4200 So DIMM Module 533MHz 1024MB RAM

I suggest you do not install this memory chip. thanks - james

jloc, Aug 12, 2008
  3. jloc

Jeims

Hi
    I have the same issue when trying to reinstall the original Linpus to my A110. After 10 minutes of install it gives me the same alert "Error, The Program cannot continue. Press Ok to exit the program" I have re-installed Linpus couple of times before, but now it just doesen't work! ..and I haven't even made any changes to my hardware.

Jeims, Sep 2, 2008
  4. jloc

Jeims

Finally made it! ..and I don't have any idea what was wrong. First I successfully installed Ubuntu 8.04 and after that when I tried once again to install Linpus, it worked! At the last time I used a different memory stick but I have used same usb memory stick "couple" of times before ...and after this its still working with Ubuntu pendrivelinux..

Jeims, Sep 3, 2008
  5. jloc

Keesje010

how do you remove the 'extra' RAM?

Keesje010, Dec 16, 2008
Ask a Question