recovery disks but no burner

Discussion in 'Windows' started by garyliving, Jul 21, 2009.

1. garyliving

garyliving

I have a new ACER Aspire One D150.It has no dvd/cd burner. it keeps asking to make recovery disks. So...how can I
    1.turn off this pop up request
    2. be certain I have a backup of factory settings (i think I saw there is a recovery image in the BIOS set up)

garyliving, Jul 21, 2009
  2. garyliving

Rolan

Not many solutions here :(

I just worked out how to do it though, assuming you have another computer with a cd/dvd burner that you can copy files to, from the Acer.

You need to download a tool called Virtual CD. There is a free months trial - you only need it long enough to create your images. It will create a file on the c-drive that eRecovery will see as a virtual CD or DVD writer. When the file has been burnt you need to tell Virtual CD to insert the created file, in order for eRecovery to "verify" the image. You then copy the image files to your other machine and have Virtual CD write it to your CD/DVD drive.

I tried other similiar tools but could not get them to work with eRecovery.

Rolan, Jul 23, 2009
  3. garyliving

slever123

How about using Titan Backup. I got it for free through the Windows Secrets web site. Save the file locally and copy it to a thumbdrive to be safe.....

slever123, Jul 31, 2009
  4. garyliving

garyliving

having trouble with the virtual writer. it seems there is a virtual writer (VXDVD) but erecovery asks still to insert blank dvds. seems i am missing a step. do i need to create virtual blank dvd's?

garyliving, Aug 5, 2009
Ask a Question