Recovery disk R500A win 7

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Clivem, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Clivem

Clivem

I have an older I7 asus R500A with win 7. The disk died and I don't have recovery disks. I have paid for cad cam software that is no longer supported. If I can recover the exact setup from Asus then my software and key should work as it was generated from a "fingerprint" of the machine.
    Can anyone help with a recovery disk copy for R500A - SX062W?
    It would be greatly appreciated.

Clivem, Apr 10, 2021
  2. Clivem

gray1

You can call Asus to see if you can purchase a disk. Usually the disk is in the form of a hidden partition on the hard drive though. If the hard drive goes, then it's a real problem. Also the recovery disk will reset the hard drive to what it was when it left the factory. It will not replace software that you installed after that. Sometimes you can get the hard drive to work by tapping on it. If you can get it to work long enough, you can clone the hard drive with AOEMI though a USB port.

gray1, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Clivem

Clivem

Thanks for that. I did try through email but just got a message to drop it in an get a quote for repair. All I need is the disk as I have the original software and license. I will try calling them directly.
    thanks for the response.

Clivem, Apr 13, 2021
Ask a Question