Recovering files from disk format tool ?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by pikkabah, Jan 1, 2009.

1. pikkabah

pikkabah

I accidentally formatted the wrong external drive , I dont know how this happened at all and I desperately need to get the files back that were on that drive ( its been formatted to fat 32 ) .

Is there any way I can do it ?

Do I need to look on device or on my harddrive for lost files ( the device is showing nothing at all )

I've currently trying a programme called Recover my Files that seemed to work find with files i deleted from windows once but I have never tried to recover something that actually been formatted and im worried as hell that that ive lost them.

As this has never happened before Im not even sure if i need to look on the device or on my pcs harddrive -

thanks

matt

pikkabah, Jan 1, 2009
  2. pikkabah

Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker, Jan 1, 2009
  3. pikkabah

pikkabah

I find it strange why noting is coming up , I mean ( yes im this clueless ) Where do i look for files on the external drive as I tried or on the my pcs hard drive ?

thanks

matt

pikkabah, Jan 1, 2009
  4. pikkabah

jackluo923

find a copy of active undelete somewhere on the internet and you'll be done in no time.

jackluo923, Jan 2, 2009
  5. pikkabah

Jess94

Hi

I have an Acer Aspire One with Linux and whatever the default file manager is on it. I deleted a spreadsheet I was working on accidently and I was hoping I would be able to recover it. Although there are many replies to similar queries on the forum I don't necessarily find them all helpful or easy to understand. Can anyone help?

Jess94, May 29, 2009
  6. pikkabah

Grim Squeaker

If you deleted it through the filemanager, it is in the trash and easily recovered. Start the filemanager, go to the trash and get it back. Tadaa !

Only when you empty the trash it gets .. harder... to recover. But of course emptying the trash does tend to free up a lot of space.

Grim Squeaker, Jun 6, 2009
Ask a Question