Recover your lost BIOS password easily

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by duchesneau, Mar 18, 2009.

1. duchesneau

duchesneau

While upgrading an AA1 I bought on ebay, I found that the former owner had put a password protection on his BIOS.
    I wasn't too concerned about it as the F12 fonction wasn't locked so I could still boot from USB. Plus I was sure I could reset it with the jumper technique from the inside. But when I tried the jumper trick when upgrading the ram, I had no joy. I really wanted the D2D disabled to run XP smoothly. Options left were to remove the internal battery, flash the BIOS, flash using FN+ESC or find a way around it.

I then came on a DOS program called BIOS320.EXE. I ran it on a bootable USB in DOS (same rig you would use to flash with FLASHIT). One of the options in its menu provides you with an ASCII display of your CMOS. Really it's the only option you need with the AA1. In the middle of all the junk I could see the same clear word repeated twice, in caps : ANDY. Good enough, when I tried it at the password prompt at boot, it worked!
    Try it if your having trouble with your BIOS password, I am guessing it might even work for those pesky HDD passwords out there...
    So easy.

duchesneau, Mar 18, 2009
  2. duchesneau

duchesneau

Just for curoisity, has anyone else try it?
    No need to have a password problem, just give it a try and you should be able to see the one(s) your're using. Google the file, you will find it.

And for a bit a clarification, to use this trick you need to be able to boot your system. It won't cure your AA1 if the mising password is a 'Power On' one that don't even let you boot. For me it worked for the 'Supervisor' one. And once you recover a usable password, you can enter your BIOS hitting F2 on the startup page and change it to your liking under the Security tab.

Hope it helps.

duchesneau, Mar 19, 2009
  3. duchesneau

jackluo923

There are other ways of removing/resetting bios password and hdd password.
    HDD password:
    To reset the HDD password, run HDD_PW.EXE as follows:
    1. Key in hdd_pw 15494 0
    2. Press 2.
    3. Select one upper-case string from the list.
    4. Reboot system and key in the selected string (0KJFN42 or UVEIQ96) on the HDD User
    Password screen.

BIOS password:
    To reset the BIOS password, run BIOS_PW.EXE as follows:
    1. Key in bios_pw 14452 0
    2. Select one string from the list.
    3. Reboot the system and key in the selected string (qjjg9vy, 07yqmjd etc.) for the BIOS user
    password.

jackluo923, Apr 16, 2009
  4. duchesneau

georgiamark

Recovering a lost BIOS password can be tricky, but there are various methods and tools available online that can help you unlock it. Just make sure to follow the right instructions and exercise caution to avoid any potential issues or you should contact BIOS password recovery expert nick squires.

georgiamark, Nov 7, 2023
Ask a Question