Real BAD idea

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by theCollector, Oct 7, 2008.

1. theCollector

theCollector

So i've followed the tutorials on this forum to get iATKOS installed. its in the middle of installing when i realize that i skipped over the "customize install" directions. I decide to shut off the computer in mid-install and start over. :roll:

yeah, as i'm sure you've guessed, terrible idea. My computer is now booting to a faulty mac partition. now, i have a good partition with XP installed, but i can't get the computer to boot from that partition, it defaults to the mac partition. :?

I've tried booting from a windows XP disc to see if i can format the mac partition, or delete it and start over, but the disc doesn't boot. it simply gets over looked and boots the failed mac partition.

anyone have any ideas?

thanks for your help!

theCollector, Oct 7, 2008
  2. theCollector

rory

change the boot priorities in bios to boot from cd first, and move the hdd to last.
    i assume you are booting form an external dvd drive?
    Rory

rory, Oct 7, 2008
  3. theCollector

theCollector

yeah, i am. i tried what you said and it wasn't working.

finally, i tried cleaning the CD, a long shot, but it worked!! i was able to boot into the XP setup console, erase my bad partition, load iATKOS back up and start over with another install.

One question though. While installing, iATKOS doesn't display any status?? i only see the water background, and the tool bar at the top of the screen. I know it's doing SOMETHING as the activity light on the CDrom is on and if i try to exit iATKOS, it asks if i really want to exit the install. is this all normal?

theCollector, Oct 7, 2008
  4. theCollector

dfiore

the progress bar hangs for some people, if you move the mouse around youll see its changed.

dave

dfiore, Oct 7, 2008
Ask a Question