Ray Tracing Path Tracing thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hertzian56, Feb 13, 2024.

1. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

RT PT thread. Thought I'd just give some thoughts on this tech here.

Hertzian56, Feb 13, 2024
  2. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

I don't use RT it's too much of a hit for me and the low level I'd be able to enable wouldn't be worth it. I spent less on my whole laptop with a 2060 then most mid range gpus cost and I do a lot of gaming no problems looks fine to me. Most of what makes a game good isn't about graphics, it can help but it's not the main reason. Gameplay, story, world, mechanics make a game good more than graphics. So to spend so much to have RTPT is frankly insane and how sad people waste money on it.

Only in demo games like cp77 and a few others is it worth it or noticeable really and those games are using tricks to make it look better than just regular like turning off regular stuff to make rt look better, shiny surfaces all over, etc just over exaggerating just for RTPT which is typical scumster nvidia and cpdurtards. So for about 3 games you're talking about buying some cartel priced card that will be less than 5 years usage? Ridiculous and the sales marketing is strong out there and of course a lot of dumbos buy into all of it, simple minded fools. Just the power bill will go way up for what some fancy lighting?

Hertzian56, Feb 13, 2024
  3. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

Another big factor about RTPT is that it's labor saving, and thus the shysters can squeeze every cent out of it as possible while laying off more people. Now that's not the purpose of a business, that's the jewmasontranny purpose of course, but it's not the objective purpose.

The purpose of a business, before the jewmasontranny world we live in now, was to provide decent employment for people so they could afford the necessities of life for them and their families to live a decent life with dignity and not be racked with worry and want. No ones saying those who organize it and finance it shouldn't get their share in proportion but squeezing every last cent out of employees to do as much as possible for as low a pay as possible so someone can have a second house or third bmw is disgusting greed, lust and pride.

Yes jewmasonic types who love the luxuries of the world are needed somewhat, the drive for a legacy and luxury itself is very vain and pointless, but like many things the unintended things are the good that comes out of these lustful types, i.e. regular people who work there and get a living from it for needs and families and such.

RTPT seems to be you model your world then just position your global sun and done, instead of modeling case shadows for assets. So if you can do that you've just cut out a lot of handcrafting and work that could provide employment and a decent life for people and their families. It would provide better earnings and stock price and such, the inhuman jewmasontranny world we live in, may the day come when it falls into the pit like the golden calf worshipers it is.

So therefore games are made with AI and automation and are generic garbage that is tweaked to appeal to basically more sex and violence stimulation for addiction to them. Emotional comfort from games that feature that crassly and also just like pets games just give enjoyment. Don't think game makers, tv, etc aren't pavlovians at heart, Sons of Cain.

Hertzian56, Feb 13, 2024
  4. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

And really a well done raster conventional game looks just as good as any RTPT game. In fact rtpt tends to make a huge mess, like bloom just got out of hand. They're making games just so this tech can be overshown and exaggerated like cp77, a mid game at best. Good style, art and parts of the world are great but the open world is flat, the story makes little sense and the gameplay is just mid. The biggest part that made me play it so much is modding, which is easy in that game compared to GTAV, RDR2, Dying Lights, Jubisoft games, etc

BUT rasterized conventional games need more handcrafting and thus need more labor that's paid, the shysters saw in RT a way to raise prices and to cut costs. It's for their benefit not gamers. The more handcrafting the better it is because a human had to pay attention to it with effort, if some automation just applies a light model like RTPT it's bland game making.

Nvidia also makes a lot of AI chips and this is to save costs, so some investors can kick back and have their money copulate and increase, all the while taking their drugs and becoming lazy, entitled, arrogant dooshes. AI is also to save labor costs and time to market.

Hertzian56, Feb 13, 2024
  5. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

It's true that games take a long time to make and thus you're talking years between but that's a choice not a need. We don't need mega games, more jubisoft megaworld banality isn't needed. What we need is smaller more detailed games with good writing and densely packed environments. I take the earlier Yakuza games as models for those. The series seems to be going down in quality post Kiryu main protag tbh. But in 0-2 you had a tight story and a few levels which were packed with funny gameplay. Kamurocho is an amazing level you feel like you've been there.

So the excuse to cut time to market is valid somewhat but that's a choice of scope. You're better off breaking a game story into sequels that can be released every 3 years or so instead of 5+ years for a coherent franchise. Again the RGG yakuzas and spinoffs regularly release every year almost and feature lots of gameplay but small levels packed with stuff. Jubisoft mega games also regularly release but they're just more of the same stuff, like towers, bases etc I enjoyed Origins but Odyssey was too big and the viking one is probably larger.

So saying RTPT can cut time to market isn't really a valid excuse for it to be forced out there tbh. DLSS is just some upscaling AA tech for 1k-2k to 4k, a band aid. Pascal was really the last true no tricks generation that could do a full 1080p and then you got cards that do a full 1080p just upscale it to 2k-4k using software tricks. 2k needed to be the focus for the last 5 years tbh, not 4k dlss. Most 70 and above level gpus can do 2k w dlss and some form of RT with a major hit of course and the power needed is enormous.

Hertzian56, Feb 13, 2024
  6. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

CP77 didn't need to be a huge open world game with a lite shallow RPG tacked onto it. It should have had a more handcrafted deep story with more jackie and capers BEFORE the big heist drama. A smaller world like maybe cut out pacifica, badlands, the dam sixth street area and such. In the right way they could have just made a hyper dense kabuki and japantown, the two best areas of the game frankly. Then the technoir aspects would have been better and the better written side gigs and such would have made more sense BEFORE the main heist which should have been the end of the game not the beginning.

Hertzian56, Feb 13, 2024
  7. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

And 2k no tricks is what I mean, dlss is just a form of AA and even today the performance setting shows artifacting on the roads in cp77 for me at 1080p. It's not particularly useful other than fooling you into using it and thinking it's an improvement on just normal 1080p. It's not it's 540p at the perf setting that looks somewhat like 1080p native to save resources and get higher fps. But if you looked at them side by side you'd see the degradation there. I don't use dlss for GTAV or RDR2 and it works fine, there's none of the artifacting and the game looks great.

I feel like nvidia knows that consoles are a better deal overall and is pushing all this for a revenue boost before most people switch to handhelds, consoles, subscription based gaming per month or laptops that can't swap out the latest gpu every 3 years. I wouldn't do a stand alone card ever again, the mid range gaming laptop is a much better platform then a desktop and discrete card. It's a middle ground between the gated console and the 3k$ desktop. Somewhat mobile, open pc environment, includes a screen, os, etc for other uses all for maybe double what a ps5 costs today.

Hertzian56, Feb 13, 2024
  8. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

So RTPT is for those who like to put their money into it, foolishly imo, and to save costs for the pubs at the same time raising prices for these cards and also the games are way overpriced. So it's a gravy train of slop all around frankly. Wouldn't bother with it.

Hertzian56, Feb 13, 2024
Ask a Question