random lock ups linpus help

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by mikerobertson_uk, Nov 7, 2008.

1. mikerobertson_uk

mikerobertson_uk

hi,my wife has an acer one which she is not to happy with a the moment.Every time she uses it,it locks up randomly for no reason and the only thing that she can do is press and hold the power button to shut it down its doing this a couple off times an hour while she is using it.I have used the recovery disc just in case it was something she had done but it still does it with a fresh install of linpus with all the updates installed.Has anyone got any ideas (i said id put windows on to see if that would work and she said shed kill me :shock: )

many thanks in advance
    mike

mikerobertson_uk, Nov 7, 2008
  2. mikerobertson_uk

Duncan_Rowland

Sounds broken. I've mucked about with my Linpus install no end, and it's (almost) never frozen unexpectedly.
    I presume it's under warranty - I'd recommend a replacement from where you bought it. Or,
    you could try editing installing xkill...
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1052&p=7114#p7114
    Then you can kill "frozen" windows with ctrl+alt+esc and then clicking on them.
    Also, you can test if you system really is frozen by tapping Cap Lock and seeing if the light goes on and off.

Duncan_Rowland, Nov 7, 2008
Ask a Question