Radio Listening/TV watching

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by smcdonald, Nov 17, 2008.

1. smcdonald

smcdonald

I purchased an acer last weekend, just really to use for the net, nothing special, BUT I cann't listen to any radio station or see any video/TV - why is this - I run XP on my main computer with no probs at all..........

smcdonald, Nov 17, 2008
  2. smcdonald

nmesisca

great description but dont expect suggestions until you have said what is it that you're experiencing when you try to listen to music or watch a video. Any error messages?
    Most web radios use flash in their websites. Have you installed it?

nmesisca, Nov 17, 2008
  3. smcdonald

Grim Squeaker

Do you mean watch tv and radio as in actually doing the things one would generally do with a tv and radio - or as in watching online "watch again" and "listen again" media ?

In the first case your main pc has a tv and radio card. The One does not have one of those (and neither do many other windows pcs for that matter) and therefor cannot be used in that way - unless you purchase e.g. an usb tvtuner.

In the second case it depends on if you run Linpus or Xp on your One:
    - If Linpus you will need to update mplayer or install vlc. There are about 35 topics on these forums detailing the procedure for that.
    - If windows I cannot help :(

Grim Squeaker, Nov 17, 2008
  4. smcdonald

barrie

Hismcdonald,

I just updated my mplayer as Grim Squeaker suggested and listening to a plethora of radio stations as I type this. :D I only run Linpus but with the help of this forum am learning very quickly virtually nothing is impossible just takes a little longer. ;)

barrie, Nov 30, 2008
Ask a Question