Question about Netook battery?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Video, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Video

Video

Hey all, first post. I picked up an Aspire one (AOA150-1635) and really like it, take it with me everywhere, and use it to dump my camera on regularly (mostly just junk, but it's a fun hobby that doesn't cost me much :lol, at least not as much as my gaming crack addict problem :p )

Anyhow, Packin battery is a 220mah 10.8v battery, with which I can get roughly 2-3 hours, depending on what I'm doing with it (video streaming on the net eats the battery up, but I can play games for quiet a bit longer)

Now the packin battery has a number UM08A31 on it, so I figured, to get a bigger battery, I just look for one with the same number. That's where the problem comes in, there are so many different ones, a 2200mah, 4400, 6600, even a 7200, but only the smallest, and occasionally the next to smallest have the correct voltage, at 10.8, all the rest have 11.1 (how they come up with that number is beyond me) and the two bigger ones, I haven't been able to varify if they will work with MY computer, they useually list a huge line of batteries, or go the "works with Aspireone" rout, but I want to know for sure before getting one and frying my computer, blowing up the battery, or finding that it simply doesn't work (or won't fully charge)

Anyhow, I see people talkiing on here too, but I still couldn't see for sure. Any help would be appreciated. I suppose I could get another 2200mah battery, but it would be more convienant only if I could get a dedicated battery charger for it, so I could charge both at once.

Thanks in advance!

Video, Jul 19, 2009
Ask a Question