Processor upgrade for Lenovo B50 30

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Jamezz2, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Jamezz2

Jamezz2

Hello all, i'm new here and I am curious if it's possible to upgrade the pentium processor in my Lenovo B50 30 touch to a core i3? Some people have said you can't do it at all, some have said it's possible but there will be temperature problems. So can I do it if I get a new fan for it? I've looked on the lenovo website but all I can find is that my type of laptop comes with a pentium or a i3 and even i5. Please try to help me!

Jamezz2, Nov 12, 2014
  2. Jamezz2

Brian8gbSSDLinux

According to this Review of your computer...
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-B50-30-Notebook-Review.121910.0.html

Your Computer CAN have its' CPU Upgraded... But BY THEM...

Lenovo probably have a Mini Motherboard assembly which they will swap out - as the Lenovo B50 30 is built tobe interchangeable...
    Quote "Lenovo offers incredible freedom for configuring its B50 product line, and thus provides an extremely affordable entry into the laptop world. We looked at the base configuration for 270 Euros (~$363) in this case and thoroughly examined what can and should be expected from this device." end quote...

So Yes and But will you be able to afford it...

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Nov 13, 2014
Ask a Question