problems with maximus windows manager

Discussion in 'Linux' started by wolfman, Apr 11, 2009.

1. wolfman

wolfman

I have looked up and down this and the ubuntu forums for a fix for this problem and have found nothing so I am starting a new topic.

I am running ubuntu 9.04 netbook remix, and the issue is that every time I switch on my AAO maximus opens a new process so there is a maximus process for every reboot. before I did a system re-install I had like 20 maximus processes running and most of my 512MB of memory was taken up. now I have about 8 maximus processes and I know that next time I start the system up this will increase to 9 or 10. Is anyone else having this issue, I would check If I were you.

Another thing, I have been trying to report this issue to the devs but the problem reporting tool does not work.

wolfman, Apr 11, 2009
  2. wolfman

BazookaAce

Why don't you just delete the ugly Maximus GUI?

BazookaAce, Apr 15, 2009
  3. wolfman

wolfman

maximus is not the GUI it is the windows manager that opens windows maximized and displays the title bar is part of the top panel. I have tried disabling and it doesn't work. I don't really want to remove it as it is good for maximizing the working area of the small screen on a netbook. I may give it a try though.

wolfman, Apr 16, 2009
  4. wolfman

BazookaAce

Yes you can easily remove it by going to "Sessions" and disable "Maximus". Then reboot. Done.

BazookaAce, Apr 16, 2009
  5. wolfman

mzc

pls check on launchpad.net . 9.04 is currently in rc freeze .. there is a patch that you can install just search the maximus bugs.. too lazy to find the link, sorry :(

mzc, Apr 17, 2009
  6. wolfman

wolfman

thank you for all your replies, I checked in sessions and maximus is not there at all. I tried crushbang for a bit but don't like that much so I have just done a fresh install of Ubuntu 9.04 so we will see if the problem persists.

wolfman, Apr 19, 2009
  7. wolfman

BazookaAce

BazookaAce, Apr 19, 2009
  8. wolfman

mzc

mzc, Apr 20, 2009
Ask a Question