Problems again with newer Acer netbook....

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by FattysGoneWild, Aug 5, 2009.

1. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild

Have the 8.9" version. Bought it brand new and the second month in. Had to send it into Acer. The hard drive failed. They replaced it with a new 1. I also noted the fan was loud when I sent it in. Now the fan is acting up again. Accept this time on a cold start. It sounds like it is going to blow up. It is extremely loud! Sounds like grinding/buzzing. I have to shut it down and it will work its way out shortly after. Is this a common problem with Acer fans failing? I seem to think the bearing is starting to go in the fan? I would hate having to send it in again. Trying to avoid it. But, I think the fan will completely fail soon? It is still under warranty.

FattysGoneWild, Aug 5, 2009
  2. FattysGoneWild

sailoryue

if its the fan, then the CPU is defective. my mom's old desktop would have a very loud grinding noise... for a while... sometimes it was a build up of dust, but aparetnly it was just too old. the CPU eventually di3ed, and my bro put onein from a Mule computer he pulled from the trash. no more grindy noise.

sailoryue, Aug 5, 2009
  3. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild

Yeah the fan is getting louder. Buzzing like crazy. I imagine they put in some really cheap ass fans.

FattysGoneWild, Aug 12, 2009
Ask a Question