problem with my wifi connection with acer one

Discussion in 'Networking' started by petch, Jul 21, 2008.

1. petch

petch

Hi,

I can't connect anymore my acer One to wifi. Nothing happen when I click on the network icon in order to set my connection. I can't see the small icon on the lower part of the screen.
    Of course the wifi button is on...but it's still not working.
    I remember that it was working well at the very beginning.

Please help me......

petch, Jul 21, 2008
  2. petch

speekergeek

I have noticeed that you sometimes have to close the lid until the (wifi) light goes out then reopen the lid and it seems to work.

alternatively you can try to turn it on (wifi), then put it to sleep, then wake it up and let it sit.

I have better luck getting connections if the antenna is ON when opening up the lid and waking it up.

also, duh, make sure there is wireless available where you are.... i am sure you already know that..... :lol:

speekergeek, Jul 22, 2008
  3. petch

erland

Re: problem with my wifi connection with acer one (SOLVED)

Hi,

I solved my wireless problem (network manager broken, no wireless icon showing up in the notification area, no connections) on the Linpus Linux version of the AAO by just deleting the all the files in the folder
    Code:
    /home/user/.gconf/system/networking/connections
    (copy and paste that line into the file manager to get there) and restarting the computer (all the necessary configuration files will be restored to default).

You can find out if this is the solution for you by trying to open Network Manager from the terminal (see http://the.taoofmac.com/media/Acer/Aspi ... notes.html for instructions on accessing a terminal and much more handy stuff) - type the following command in the terminal:
    Code:
    nm-applet 
    and if you get an error and it says something about gconf and the "connections" folder above then that's it and you can use this solution.

See also: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1440&start=10#p11248 but this doesn't include the link to explain how to get access to the terminal for those who aren't used to linux.

erland, Jan 29, 2009
  4. petch

Sansabina

This one worked for me! I tried Erland's suggestion (but didn't work - thanks for the post though) and didn't think this would work but I got desperate - straight away it worked (after 2 hrs of clowning around and rebooting a dozen times -- yeah, just put it to sleep, wake it up and it works!)
    Cheers all...

Sansabina, May 16, 2009
Ask a Question