Problem with AOA 150 connecting to wireless-n router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sapphireblue6cell, Jan 5, 2010.

1. sapphireblue6cell

sapphireblue6cell

My Acer Aspire One 150-1447 has no problem connecting to the Wireless-G router at my house and to the wireless internet at coffee shops, school, and the library. But at my friend's apartment, it will refuse to connect. Is this because the wireless card in the AOA only connects to B and G routers? If it can't connect to N routers, would buying a separate USB wireless fix this?

sapphireblue6cell, Jan 5, 2010
  2. sapphireblue6cell

melhiore

You answered your own question already - yes - it is due to difference in 802.11 standard - B and G is not compatible with N. Using USB adapter with 802.11n capabilities will fix the problem...

melhiore, Jan 5, 2010
  3. sapphireblue6cell

sapphireblue6cell

Cool, just wanted to make sure :)

Does anyone know which gives the best bang for your buck?

sapphireblue6cell, Jan 6, 2010
  4. sapphireblue6cell

melhiore

I'm sure N standard is not that popular so do not expect to much feedback on that. What I can say - I use Intel card which has N capability "build-in". Was easier for me to just have it swapped with Atheros then carrying USB stick. In my opinion any will do the job - N is a standard, so every USB stick should correspond with it - everything will be similar: power, range, channels etc... What I can suggest is go for well known makes like Belkin, D-Link, Linksys etc...

melhiore, Jan 6, 2010
Ask a Question