Problem performing BIOS Crisis Recovery Procedure on AO751h

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by seanrz, Feb 1, 2010.

1. seanrz

seanrz

ARGH!!! :x

I've spent hours researching and attempting the AAO Crisis Recovery Procedure but haven't had any success recovering my AO751h. Has anyone had any success with this particular model? I figure the BIOS recovery file on my USB drive is named improperly, or something. I put several copies of the BIOS recovery file with all sorts of different names hoping it'll use the right one, but it's not working.

Also, the procedure outlined elsewhere on the forum states that you need to hold Fn+Esc while plugging in the power cord, then hit the power button, release the Fn+Esc, then press the power button again. but whenever I do the last step of pressing the power button again, the computer just shuts off completely. no noise, no lights. But my Acer's power light is blinking as soon as I press the power button the first time, so perhaps the procedure changed for this model. The bottom line is, the procedure isn't working for my AO751h.

I could really use some fresh ideas at the moment... suggestions?

seanrz, Feb 1, 2010
  2. seanrz

christovski

I'm having the same issue, bumping your post.

It seems the 751h has the same recovery procedure but nobody has revealed which bios / naming convention for the USB drive it will flash automatically.

christovski, Feb 1, 2010
  3. seanrz

aCidcOde

BUMP! i have the same problem, the ZA3_3210.exe crashes my acer on update, and i remove the battery, after all my net doesn't turn on

aCidcOde, Feb 3, 2010
  4. seanrz

aCidcOde

nobody? please i need my acer turn on again :roll:

aCidcOde, Feb 8, 2010
  5. seanrz

cheater99

The name that you need to call the USB file is on the bottom of your unit (or it is on my D250). Mine is KAV60. See the picture below (Click it to enlarge).
    [​IMG]

cheater99, Mar 7, 2010
  6. seanrz

Darick

I've tried today using my product name as bios file name (ZA3.WPH) and didn't work. In the usb drive I only have PHFLASH16.EXE, ZA3.WPH, and MINIDOS.SYS. Is that the correct way?

Darick, Mar 9, 2010
Ask a Question