PROBLEM: LCD Screen replacement- vertical strip white lines

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by os111acerone, Dec 10, 2008.

1. os111acerone

os111acerone

Hello Fourm!
    I know there's a lot of experts out there on this forum, I really need your help!
    I bought a LCD screen from a forum member here and it installed perfectly and on power-up there were no issues, worked perfectly. However, this afternoon it has started to show a 2" vertical strip of horizontal white lines. It flashes on and off rapidly randomly. I used it in the morning with no problems, it was off and charging the entire time.

I'm not an expert or pc technician but the only issues I can think up of is:
    -video connection cable not properly seated. (but i made sure it was connected properly before reassembly)
    -removal of the double sided tape that holds the camera/microphone cable to the LCD screen. It looked metallic, maybe it was to protect the screen from interference of the cables? the cables are right behind where the vertical strip is too.
    -lcd screen had prior problem that came back (not sure about this one but I sent a message to the seller about it)

I'm hoping its just bad video connection, but please if there are any suggestions or answers out there please tell me!! I was so happy when I replaced the screen. so accomplished! now i feel the laptop is almost the same condition as the cracked LCD screen it had before. :(

[​IMG]

EdIt: it was a hardware defect (that occurred during shipping or that I was not aware about) affecting the second ribbon cable causing the white lines to appear in that panel section.

os111acerone, Dec 10, 2008
Ask a Question