Problem booting into kalyway osx

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by mjk2727, Nov 6, 2008.

1. mjk2727

mjk2727

The only way I can boot into osx is to enter "update -v". If I don't i get the gray apple screen for a split second and then the laptop reboots. How can I fix this without reinstalling osx?

mjk2727, Nov 6, 2008
  2. mjk2727

rory

you have to make it boot with that flag very time. search google for something like "always boot os x with update -v" youll most likely be directed to insanelymac.com

rory, Nov 6, 2008
  3. mjk2727

DOCp

i'm having the same problem and i can't seem to find a solution anywhere. it's not that big of a deal but anyone could guide me in the right direction, that'd be great!!

DOCp, Nov 16, 2008
  4. mjk2727

brgroup

Don't know if this applies but could you have installed to many kexts and/or fixes?

I had that problem once too..I had installed too many kext files when I customized the install..I think I had loaded up on the graphics or audio kext files and it spun me into a reboot loop..Also make sure to use a good kernel as well..I don't think Vanilla will do it..I can't remember what's on kalyway..modbin or sleep maybe?

brgroup, Nov 18, 2008
  5. mjk2727

DOCp

yeah come to think of it, that was right about when it started doing that. i'm not exactly sure though because i remember the first few times i booted up, it went straight to the OS with the mac loading screen. i can't remember when i had to start typing in update -v. it might have been around the time i installed XP and Ubuntu also.

it's really not that big of a deal, i don't boot into it too often, just to show some of my mac friends that i can run their crappy os on my machine. i mainly use linux and XP

DOCp, Nov 25, 2008
Ask a Question