Printing from Linux

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jko, Aug 28, 2008.

1. jko

jko

Hi

Have got 120Gb Linus version and delighted. Everything works really well except for my printer. Have HP Deskjet 460 which is recognised in the printer settings info and it even tells me it is ready to accept jobs. However, I try to print but get nothing.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated as I really do need to be able to print.

Thanks in anticipation.

jko, Aug 28, 2008
  2. jko

yodersj

How do you connect to the printer? USB cable or is the printer connected to the network?

yodersj, Aug 30, 2008
  3. jko

Ace_Rimmer

My HP inkjet "appeared" to be supported out of the box, but nothing would print when I tested it, then I noticed there was still a dialog box open for downloading the driver. I went ahead with that and now it prints OK.

You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer and see if the OS offers to download and install a driver.

Alternately, go to add/remove software and search for "printer". For my HP PSC-1310 the package that was downloaded was "hplip" (HP Linux Imaging and Printing Project).

Ace_Rimmer, Aug 30, 2008
Ask a Question