price drop has me feeling a little burned

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Guest, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Guest

atarione

just got back from CC in Encinitas CA got $70 + tax adjustment no problem

they has a a110 on display listing the $309 price

atarione, Aug 26, 2008
  2. Guest

Mike C

Stopped at Microcenter tonight and they refunded the $50 plus tax without any hassle. I ended up buying a Q6600 CPU because of it :lol:

Mike C, Aug 26, 2008
  3. Guest

darkwing602

Best Buy had the 120gig AOA150-1570 for $499 last Saturday (I know, I know, way more than it was supposed to be) and I grabbed one because I didn't have to wait for shipping =) But their website has the price down to $349 today so I was able to get my ~$160 back on the price match thing, tax included. I was still happy with it at $499 since it's such a sweet notebook, but at $349 it's freaking awesome. However, everyone has to know that the mini-notebooks out 6 months from now are going to blow these away regardless of the price we paid. I'm waiting for some accelerated video for w0w ^_^

...darkwing!

darkwing602, Aug 26, 2008
  4. Guest

Tiger3

My recent e-mail to NewEgg.com:
    " I recently purchased an item ASPIRE ONE AOA110-1722 on 08/22/2008, Invoice 38340427. The purchase price was $399.99 for it. The same item now lists for $329.99!!! I have not even received the item yet due to shipping to FPO AP. Since the price dropped so drastically, I would like to be reimbursed the $70 I feel I was over charged on the item. Please credit $70 back to my credit card. Thank you very much, ...."

I hope like hell they refund me otherwise the next volley will be less civil. Yes.... I am feeling BURNED and more.....since I have not even got it in my hands yet! I knew I should have waited a bit more....

UPDATE!
    Newegg was a pleasure to deal with as always!
    All I can say is they did right by me. All I had to do was ask.

I am feeling pretty good about my purchase now! Good luck!

Tiger3, Aug 26, 2008
  5. Guest

3earnhardt3

Does anyone know how long it typically takes for the refunds to post back into your account?

3earnhardt3, Aug 26, 2008
  6. Guest

Infinity

Most companies have "prices are subject to change without notice" clauses on computers, so there is a good chance you won't get a refund of the difference. Such is the way of electronics!

ETA: Companies with price-matching/best price over 30 day deals are different- they might be a little looser with giving money back.

Infinity, Aug 26, 2008
  7. Guest

atarione

Since Newegg uses some sort of real time pricing software I'm about 99% sure they aren't going to be sitting about doing price adjustments all the freaking time when something drops a couple dollars or goes up based on stock / demand frequently. (granted in this case it is $50)

In my view a laptop or a monitor is better to source local from a brick and mortar if at all possible for the easier return path should the product be defective and because a lot of the bigger outfits have a price adjustment policy (30days frequently).

atarione, Aug 26, 2008
  8. Guest

leeadkins

I bought my 150 on the 17th from Microcenter in Atlanta. I emailed them Friday morning about the price drop, and this afternoon they called to let me know they would be sending me a check out this Friday. If you purchased your's from Microcenter recently and haven't contacted them yet, do so. They seemed to be more than willing to help out.

leeadkins, Aug 26, 2008
  9. Guest

Coelli

Also got a refund from Circuit City for $73.05. I'm feeling SO much better about the purchase than I was Friday when I heard about the price drop, 2 days after purchasing the AA1. ;)

Coelli, Aug 27, 2008
  10. Guest

eflyersteve

When I check Circuitcity.com, where I purchased the AAO, they only show a $10 price drop ($369). Can I get them to honor the price at a different Circuit City? I purchased in Oklahoma City, OK.

On a brighter note, my 11 year old son really wants one at the new low price. It's a good thing when an 11 year old kid can afford tech like this.

eflyersteve, Aug 27, 2008
  11. Guest

frosterrj

FWIW, I e-mailed Amazon.com yesterday asking why they hadn't posted the new prices (I was looking for $329 linux model), and gave them a link to microcenter site which showed the $329. A few hours later I got a reply with link to new Amazon.com pricing. It even qualified for $20 discount with Bill Me Later, and I added my $70 worth of coupons, and Free super save shipping. Sadly, since I now live near Seattle, I had to pay the damn sales tax ($27)! So, on its way for $267.

I don;t know if my message prodded the price change, but it seemed like they were taking forever to get the new pricing up.

R

frosterrj, Aug 27, 2008
  12. Guest

nunaem

I paid $267 for my XP model at Best Buy on Sunday, for once Best Buy lived up to it's name. :D

nunaem, Aug 27, 2008
  13. Guest

tokyoturnip

I took CircuitCity up on their price match policy. I printed out the MicroCenter page listing 20 Linpus SSD AAOs in stock in a Microcenter 1hr from my house and they charged back $53 to my Credit Card no questions asked.
    I asked if it drops again within the 30day period from purchase can I get that refunded too, and they said yes.

tokyoturnip, Aug 27, 2008
  14. Guest

Wolydarg

I'm worried about this now. I went into CC for my refund on around 12PM EST Monday, and as of 7PM EST Wed I still have nothing in my bank account.

Does anyone know how often it takes?

::edit:: Thursday, around 12PM EST, money has been refunded into bank account. 72 hours for them to do the transaction >_>

Wolydarg, Aug 28, 2008
  15. Guest

rjm

Does anyone else find it ironic that Acer dropped the price the morning of the presumed $299 Inspiron 910 announcment only to find Dell pulled the launch for some reason?

Anyone actually know what happened to the the mini-inspiron? It wouldn't be like Dell to miss the back to school season without a really good reason.

I can think of:

Microsoft told them to drop it.
    Ubuntu Netbook Remix wasn't ready for prime time.
    They didn't want to lose sales of the the more profitable 13.3" notebooks.

I would not have imagined that the A1 would lose ~1/4 of its value within 8 weeks of launch. Especially as the Asus Eee models have't really followed them down. Somewhat disspointing really, though good for those buying it now I guess.

rjm, Aug 28, 2008
  16. Guest

...BeAkEr...

most of you guys probably get it cheaper than we do in Australia in the first place so it's not all bad is it? Besides it's a great little machine. Do you all get the $99 cash back rebate from Acer in the US & UK?

...BeAkEr..., Aug 28, 2008
  17. Guest

blackjack

I saw a lonely Aspire One at a Best Buy today, surrounded by about 35 traditional laptops. I still think Micro Center's a better place to try it. They just use the chain-lock so you can pick the unit up, fold it, see how it feels etc. Best Buy locks it down in one of those heavy duty brackets so you've got no opportunity to tinker with it a bit.

Also, Micro Center has both versions to play with alongside Eee Pcs and others in the burdgeoning mini-notebook category. So even those unaware can sort of see there's this new category developing. Best Buy seems to just throw this, or a lone Eee PC off in the corner, as if they're ashamed of it. Shame on them and their shortsighted lack-of-marketing. :|

I'm not a Micro Center fanatic per se (I got burned on a massive PC restocking fee and haven't bought a system from them since). I am pleased how quickly they instituted Acer's price drop, and as I'm blabbing here, I think they do a better job of displaying mini-notebooks prominently, and giving them a fighting chance in terms of retail visibility.

blackjack, Aug 28, 2008
  18. Guest

Ace_Rimmer

Just back from Circuit City with $53 credited back to my credit card. :D

Ace_Rimmer, Aug 28, 2008
  19. Guest

rollerboy

Thank you guys for all the info. I was felling burned because of the price drop but, no longer. There are $75 and 86 cents on their way to my credit card. I would never have bothered if you guys did not provide all this great information. I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!

rollerboy, Aug 30, 2008
  20. Guest

ksameh

Amazon were amazing,

I mailed them and 12 hours later i was refunded 70$ to my credit card for my A110

ksameh, Aug 30, 2008
Ask a Question